Lt. Commander
# 21
08-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_First_Avenger
Dont worry folks, I promise you that it doesnt hurt my feelings one bit if you dont believe me. I probably wouldnt either if I didnt actually know. But let me just repeat this one point: pay attention to the fact that the mods wont deny this. If it werent actually true, they would have no reason not to simply say so
I don't think anyone on this forum is gullible enough to believe you. Want us to believe you? Give us your source, and all relevant data. Or, as the saying does, "Pics or it didn't happen".
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Except of course they have no need to deny it.
Of course they would: they dont want false information spreading. They've denied things before, so there is no reason they would treat this specific rumor any differently unless its true.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage_Wolf
Not giving his source and not having a source at not the same thing.

Anyway, if this isnt true the Devs will tell us as they have before with false rumors. The only reason they wouldnt deny it is if it were actually true.
True, there is always the possibility that it has been condirmed to the OP, however to us the readers of the post. This is (currently anyway) unconfirmed rumour and gossip as the OP has not shared any source he may or may not have.

I suppose if it is true we'll find out soon enough anyway and if iit is not it's not like anyone can prove something is not happening anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Did Fox News just hijack the STO forums? Why make a statement you can't back up with facts?

Journalist: "The World is Coming to an End. Trust Me on This ."
Me: "Didn't you say that back in December 1999 ?"

Seriously, OP, you'd have been better off finding a viable source before posting a claim like that .
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
Of course they would: they dont want false information spreading. They've denied things before, so there is no reason they would treat this specific rumor any differently unless its true.
This is true.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_First_Avenger
Dont worry folks, I promise you that it doesnt hurt my feelings one bit if you dont believe me. I probably wouldnt either if I didnt actually know. But let me just repeat this one point: pay attention to the fact that the mods wont deny this. If it werent actually true, they would have no reason not to simply say so
except these threads come up so often they already know no one''s gonna beleve it so they dont have to panic and close the thread right away or deny it. the game almost certainly wont be F2P next year, unfortunatly, but only a dev saying it will be will change my mind about that (or the mind of anyone who doesnt trust a person who hasnt even lost the junior part of his membership)
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
............ This is true.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
They have denied SOME rumors, but not ALL rumors, not even all of the FALSE ones. Sometimes they're so silly and without any "facts" that commenting on it would add more credibility to it than ignoring them.

Add onto that... its the weekend and basically no one is around today (and if they are they have better things to do than deal with kooks.)

So, not having a dev comment on this thread IN NO WAY suggests its true.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-14-2011, 04:20 PM
i heard a factual rumor that PW was just purchased by Sony Online
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
They have denied SOME rumors, but not ALL rumors, not even all of the FALSE ones. Sometimes they're so silly and without any "facts" that commenting on it would add more credibility to it than ignoring them.
Actually, pretty much any blatantly false rumor has been shut down. I dont recall any that havent, but feel free to link to them if you do.

Also I think everyone is well aware it is the weekend, so thanks for pointing that out. Its what happens tomorrow that will show whether this rumor has any validity or not.