Lt. Commander
# 471
08-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiTataki View Post
You can never be disproven until the game fails and closes, which would be, theoretically on a time table for your average MMO, be a number of years from now when no one cares.
The OP specifically said the game would go F2P by the end of this year, which is only 4 months from now. That means there is only a 4 month window on this prediction, afterwhich it is disproven if F2P has not come.
Lt. Commander
# 472
08-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
And for those who love to speculate about STO going F2P, all the economy changes are going live Sep 22.
There is that better?
I took out all the words i didn't want to hear from Dans quote to make sure his statement was more like the way I want it to sound like, right?
I didn't rearrange words in their sentences or add any puncuation to change what he was really trying to say, I simply deleted what was in the way of what he "Obviously" was try to tell us secretly.
Lt. Commander
# 473
08-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
There is that better?
I took out all the words i didn't want to hear from Dans quote to make sure his statement was more like the way I want it to sound like, right?
I didn't rearrange words in their sentences or add any puncuation to change what he was really trying to say, I simply deleted what was in the way of what he "Obviously" was try to tell us secretly.
Dan himself called attention to the connection.
Lt. Commander
# 474
08-22-2011, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelmor_Branon
Isn't that just a tad bit overkill .....
There Is No Kill Like Overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Why didn't she just say Kamehameha or Hadouken? That's basically what that attack was.
Wrong Series. It's called the Dragon Slave where she comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAnnoyingKitsune
Wait... haven't I seen you before on the SW:TOR forums doing that? ...Or am I thinking of the wrong person?
Why, yes, I do blast people with this on the SW:TOR Forums. Primarily in WovenKash's Lightsaber Threads when someone makes a request while the request list is still closed.

I take it you have an account over there, as well?
Lt. Commander
# 475
08-22-2011, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_First_Avenger
Oh its going to be so fun reading this thread once the official announcement is made
Yeah, that post right there pretty much tells me everything I need to know about you.

You posted your unconfirmed rumor thread in the hopes of being able to say "told you so" at some point.

Well, if the F2P transition doesn't occur by the end of the year (your claim, right? Not announced as going F2P at some future point by the end of the year - but actually F2P by the end of the year. Wouldn't want you to hedge...) I certainly hope you will have the cajones to come back here and create a new thread entitled "Confirmed: The_First_Avenger Forum Drama Queen of the year, 2011!!!"

Note that the above statement is just as confirmed as your OP.
Lt. Commander
# 476
08-22-2011, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_First_Avenger
Ground combat revamped: check.

New starting areas: check.

Revamped early episodes: check.

New tutorials: coming soon.

Consolidation of in game currency for simplified gameplay: coming soon.

New low level ships to make early game experience more fun: coming soon.

"Sweeping changes" to demo accounts: coming soon.

Dan's recent "hypothetical" comments about how F2P would work:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...32#post3707832

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...06#post3708706

These things arent simply a coincidence. Oh its going to be so fun reading this thread once the official announcement is made
once again, i dont think there is anybody here who does not think F2P is a possibility. i think many people will look at what is happening and think F2p is on the cards.

however what does not remain in any doubt is you have yet to prove this. if you want to say that this is your educated guess then fine, i dont think anyone will have a problem with making an educated guess. i would be inclined to agree with you based on what im seeing.

but you have not even said that. your entire thread is about how its been confirmed as if you know something the rest of us dont, yet you wont give us a shred of evidence to back it up. even if the game does go free to play and you were right, it does not take away from the fact you have yet to prove its been confirmed.
Lt. Commander
# 477
08-24-2011, 05:06 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 478
08-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayngo_Fhett
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
I don't know, and frankly, I don't recommend messing with anything on a computer that has the words "playpickle" involved!

Good that it is a URL and not a screen name. Sounds like it'd be the screen name of someone who shows up at a house that has Chris Hansen and a camera crew lurking in it.
Lt. Commander
# 479
08-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Rating:
Dangerous

Threat details:

Verified fraudulent page or threat source.

Thank you for reminding why I keep my library up to date and shouldn't click on links.
Lt. Commander
# 480
08-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
it's a flash game. and i think they ripped off Cryptic to advertise it. It also includes a number of Adware bots. STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!...

now that i've warned you, i now need to cleans it's critters out of my comp...