Lt. Commander
# 561
09-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Well now it really is confirmed
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
PW will F2P STO in 2012 from a inside source All Cryptic mmo will be by that date F2P they might as well tell everyone up front.
Well the OP must have a better source then me but a he try to give you all a heads up and you all flame him for not giving the source (buddy) up. Oh well I can only see this as a plus in its current stat STO in not in-depth enough for a sub not at this time. I will however resub when that happens maybe as I pvp only I can not see that being the case.
Lt. Commander
# 563
09-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
I demand the OP reveal his source, else I'm forced to believe this is simply coincidence.
That whole response seems photoshopped to me. In this day and age where people can anonymously type things on a computer I don't even have proof that the owner of the Jexsam account made that post. I'd need verified, time stamped non-photoshop manipulated proof of this criticism of the OP for me to seriously consider it anything other than rumor mongering.
Lt. Commander
# 564
09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
That whole response seems photoshopped to me. In this day and age where people can anonymously type things on a computer I don't even have proof that the owner of the Jexsam account made that post. I'd need verified, time stamped non-photoshop manipulated proof of this criticism of the OP for me to seriously consider it anything other than rumor mongering.
So in other words...?
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_First_Avenger
Thats right folks. The exact date is not set in stone, but STO is in fact going F2P the end of this year. Unfortunately I cant give the source of this information, but pay careful attention: the mods might(and probably will) close this thread, but they wont actually DENY it
and what happens to the ppl that paid for the service will they be imformed that they need to cancle there auto pay or will it be automatic?
Lt. Commander
# 566
09-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMOAS
and what happens to the ppl that paid for the service will they be imformed that they need to cancle there auto pay or will it be automatic?
Please see #2:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=230169

Lt. Commander
# 567
09-05-2011, 12:48 PM
This thread hasn't had any activity in four days. That's sad. This thread is awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 568
09-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Rumors and similar: 10 Forward, please. And please always keep this in mind: These rumors usually start with "I heard somewhere from someone who knows someone who has once met someone...". Always check the news network forums and homepage for our announcements. If it isn't there, it's just another rumor.
Remember when WS made this post and everyone assumed it was saying the OP was wrong? This needs to be bookmarked as an casebook example of PR "misdirection" for future reference
Lt. Commander
# 569
09-05-2011, 10:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lHgb...eature=related

i found it from the other youtube link a few posts back...i just lold...this is exactly what this thread is fake fake fake fake reeeeeeeeeal!! hahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 570
09-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Remember when WS made this post and everyone assumed it was saying the OP was wrong? This needs to be bookmarked as an casebook example of PR "misdirection" for future reference
It was neither right nor wrong--a rumor can be either until substantiated.

Unfortunately, this information was cemented after Wishstone left Cryptic.