Lt. Commander
# 71
08-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I'm not sure what your point is. That brings you to a 404 page, not the front page. Can you please explain.

I'm pointing out facts. People can take what they want from it. The truth is that there are extensions which redirect to the main page and others that do not. This can be evidence of pages that may exist in the future and are being worked on right now. If people want to take it as proof of F2P then so be it. Personally I find it interesting. The real question is why are you so opposed to these facts.
What facts? All I see is you trying to pass this rumor and circumstantial evidence off as a confirmation.

NO CONFIRMABLE SOURCE...No confirmation from a Dev...and auto redirects for potentially non-existent pages....

As I said before...Proof is in the pudding...I see no pudding.
Lt. Commander
# 72
08-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
What facts? All I see is you trying to pass this rumor and circumstantial evidence off as a confirmation.

NO CONFIRMABLE SOURCE...No confirmation from a Dev...and auto redirects for potentially non-existent pages....

LOL. No need to be so angry:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...54#post3699854

Lt. Commander
# 73
08-14-2011, 05:14 PM
The minute Perfect World was mentioned as buying the company, a lot of players made the very obvious "guess" that Free To Play was this game's future.

It's not really a big stretch.
Lt. Commander
# 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I know everyone's watched a ton of law and order reruns and what not, but circumstantial evidence has value.
I actually know what Circumstantial Evidence is. I also hardly watch "law" shows..other then NCIS....

It's also known as "Indirect Evidence"

It is not the same as direct evidence.

What it means is that it COULD mean it...I am not arguing that part....BUT...Unless we hear something PROVING F2P...This is still a rumor and therefore not a confirmation.
Lt. Commander
# 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus

The fact is that certain pages dealing with F2P are redirect. Other pages, such as the /ships page is also redirected. There has been talk by the devs of redesigning the ships portion of the site. So /ships redirecting makes sense. While circumstantial evidence, it is still evidence that the F2P pages exist.

For the 3rd time, I never said that these redirects are confirmation that F2P is coming so please stop insisting that I am using this as proof. I am providing evidence, circumstantial or not doesn't matter. It is still evidence. What people take from it is their own opinion. Please stop trying to force your opinion on others.
Lt. Commander
# 76
08-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
II'm pointing out facts. People can take what they want from it. The truth is that there are extensions which redirect to the main page and others that do not. This can be evidence of pages that may exist in the future and are being worked on right now. If people want to take it as proof of F2P then so be it. Personally I find it interesting. The real question is why are you so opposed to these facts.
Yes, extensions that exist on another cryptic website. It's not uncommon for websites owned by the same organization to pre make and redirect extensions that work on one and not another simply to help with the common mistake of using those extensions. I'm sure once the Neverwinter site is actually done they'll have the same done to it too.

Thats the particular reason these things redirect, because they're used on another site. the whole pointing out of "/zomgbatmanz" or some random combination of words which goes to a 404 site means nothing. All you're doing is tossing in some random set of words and going "hehe doesn't redirect clearly this is proof!" Here's one for you, http://startrekonline.com/free-to-play see where that goes? oh wait, page not found? How about freetoplay, or playforfree/play-for-free? Anything? Nope.
Lt. Commander
# 77
08-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Not actually angry...You'll know when I am angry....You'll see a lot stronger language...then moderation of that language by a Mod...lmao
Lt. Commander
# 78
08-14-2011, 05:17 PM
How many times have we seen F2P threads here since champions announced the leap?
I am 100% sure that Cryptic and PW are talking about F2P for STO, along with a large number of other business discussions. You might have heard a mention of this from someone important somewhere, but just because it is currently on the table as a serious option, doesn't mean it is confirmed or not. I will believe it when I see the Dev announcement.
And Devs still might not deny this tomorrow, just because they might not know for sure yet themselves... Have you noticed the drop in Dev posts overall lately? Probably because of all the decisions to be made are still in flux.
Lt. Commander
# 79
08-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Probably a false rumor. But I do hope it is true. I will believe it when it happens.
Lt. Commander
# 80
08-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Quote:
The fact is that certain pages dealing with F2P are redirect. Other pages, such as the /ships page is also redirected. There has been talk by the devs of redesigning the ships portion of the site. So /ships redirecting makes sense. While circumstantial evidence, it is still evidence that the F2P pages exist.

For the 3rd time, I never said that these redirects are confirmation that F2P is coming so please stop insisting that I am using this as proof. I am providing evidence, circumstantial or not doesn't matter. It is still evidence. What people take from it is their own opinion. Please stop trying to force your opinion on others.
Not really.. Can be argued that the Web team set entries for those specific pages because of them existing on the CO side of things...or it could mean they are reserving those for possible later use....

Does not actually mean they "exist and are hidden"

I can set the .htaccess file to do that...There's a lot of fun stuff you can do with the .htaccess file.....