Lt. Commander
# 11
08-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
Ummmm.... OK.... so how is it lore/rp violation for Klingons to have access to the merc pack items? How is it RP violation for my joined trill who was once a member of the Federation but left to honor his debt to the Klingons? Why can't he wear his old federation uniform?
Merc pack? Ok I have the least issue with that one, but no Klingon Captain would ever wear the uniform of the enemy (i.e. the Federation) unless they took some part of one as some sort of trophy (even then it's unlikely, but more neck bones wouldn't be out of the question ). In fact the First Officer would likely challenge the Captain for command for dishonoring the ship and crew for wearing the uniform of the enemy.

On top of that, the Romulans are blood enemies of the Empire, the Cardassians aren't that well thought of either, and what in the world would possess any self-respecting and honorable member of the Empire to wear the uniform of the former slaves of the Romulans?
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Indeed, I don't think it would do the atmosphere of the First City much good if every 2nd character would run around looking like one of that faction's sworn enemies. There is already quite a bit of weirdness with the many "human aliens" etc. Faction style should be preserved - else Qo'noS ends up looking like the motley zoo that Starfleet is.

If your Trill left the Federation to honour his debt to the Empire, then make him look the part. Worf didn't run around in his Starfleet issue rompers as well when he did. And back then, the KDF and Starfleet were not even at war.

The merc set would surely work. In fact, I'd love to have access to it KDF-side, for the grenades and all would be a perfect way to flesh out some of my BOs. In the end, however, I think it would not be wrong to get some unique and iconic Klingon clothes into the C-Store. The upcoming Klingon Academy set is not exactly what I had in mind in terms of iconic clothing, but it's certainly a good start. I am kind of intrigued to see whether this is a start or if that would be "it" for this year.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-19-2011, 08:15 AM
It would be nice if we got the stuff some of the NPCs wear.
I recently saw a rather bulky Gorn with the Merc set (why do they get to wear it?).
But that's a running gag of this game anyway, the NPCs have options we don't, unlike the Federation side where the players have options the NPCs don't get.

Valias, it's good to see you again.
I was a bit sad when you suddenly left.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Klingons need more Klingon clothing, badly I can ponder about which jacket to wear for hours on my fed characters, but with the klingons it is pretty much done in a few minutes, no fun
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-22-2011, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
We don't need (or want) the clothing options of other factions, in fact that would be an incredible Lore/RP violation.

We are Klingon, we need Klingon gear!
Case in point to my comment earlier about "they never wore it, so no!"
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-22-2011, 04:55 AM
Quote:
uniform of the former slaves of the Romulans?
Most of the Reman clothes arent any uniform. They are just clothes that Remans happen to wear.

Quote:
We don't need (or want) the clothing options of other factions, in fact that would be an incredible Lore/RP violation.

We are Klingon, we need Klingon gear!
YOU may not want that or need that. But I and other want it. Nobofy forces you to use it, but that attitude of some.... lets say posters here that want to restrict the way OTHERS play their game just because THEY dont want it its simply disgusting.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-22-2011, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Merc pack? Ok I have the least issue with that one, but no Klingon Captain would ever wear the uniform of the enemy (i.e. the Federation) unless they took some part of one as some sort of trophy (even then it's unlikely, but more neck bones wouldn't be out of the question ). In fact the First Officer would likely challenge the Captain for command for dishonoring the ship and crew for wearing the uniform of the enemy.

On top of that, the Romulans are blood enemies of the Empire, the Cardassians aren't that well thought of either, and what in the world would possess any self-respecting and honorable member of the Empire to wear the uniform of the former slaves of the Romulans?
Allrighty smart guy. My Captain is a 7 foot tall Nausicaan and my first officer is a 5'6" Orion. If he wants to challenge me for liking the colors on a Romulan uniform, I think I can take him.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Most of the Reman clothes arent any uniform. They are just clothes that Remans happen to wear.

YOU may not want that or need that. But I and other want it. Nobofy forces you to use it, but that attitude of some.... lets say posters here that want to restrict the way OTHERS play their game just because THEY dont want it its simply disgusting.
So the people that love the faction are the problem huh?

Again, it would be RP and lore breaking for the warriors of the Empire to wear the uniforms of their enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Case in point to my comment earlier about "they never wore it, so no!"
And? Seriously this is a Star Trek game, and just like any other significant IP there are RP and otherwise lore conscious people that care about this stuff. Otherwise what the hell would be the point, let the Klingons fly Federation or Borg ships just because people say "but they could be captured!" and the same for the Federation and all the other factions out there; hell let them all fly tholian ships because they could reset the environmental controls to be habitable for humanoids while we're at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
Allrighty smart guy. My Captain is a 7 foot tall Nausicaan and my first officer is a 5'6" Orion. If he wants to challenge me for liking the colors on a Romulan uniform, I think I can take him.
Alright so you've got reach, but I'll bet she's got flexibility, so you better watch yourself :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
So the people that love the faction are the problem huh?

Again, it would be RP and lore breaking for the warriors of the Empire to wear the uniforms of their enemies.

And? Seriously this is a Star Trek game, and just like any other significant IP there are RP and otherwise lore conscious people that care about this stuff. Otherwise what the hell would be the point, let the Klingons fly Federation or Borg ships just because people say "but they could be captured!" and the same for the Federation and all the other factions out there; hell let them all fly tholian ships because they could reset the environmental controls to be habitable for humanoids while we're at it.
If you limit the game only to the offical cannon, then you have to eliminate the non-Klingons (player races as well as ships) from the KDF faction. You will also find that it would be completely impossible to make the KDF into a playable affiliation using only offical cannon lore. That is my point. Try to be open to probable and likely possible options rather than reject every non-offical cannon idea out of hand. I will agree that some of the more outlanidsh ideas should be ignored, but only after a multipoint justification for why not is presented.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-23-2011, 01:46 AM
There are KDF players who do actually make toons using the "Alien" character and they have been making Romulan and Cardassian specific looking toons, so that was why I even posted that part for clothing options...just a quick FYI