Since neither game interestes me, i will be right here. :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Since neither game interestes me, i will be right here. :p
Same.

Bioware and EA ruined Dragon Age 2, imo. Lucas Arts helped destroy SWG.

TOR is connected to, developed by, or influenced by all parties...

Not interested in the other.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
Yes, they will do it by going F2P.
Come on, not here as well. There are just some billion other threads who have this conversation.
But to give you a proper answer. I really don't belive Cryptic is going to keep it's customers by going F2P. They are just going to optimize the costs and earn relation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I love Star Trek - Staying Here because Star Trek is better in my opinion.

I don't like fantasy as much as Sci Fi - Staying because I won't get GW2 right away if ever.

George Lucas, SWG closing down, and Clone Wars Star Wars style TOR - Staying because Lucas can take TOR and [ Edited due to Content] . it was crap closing down SWG. they have a dedicated community. small, but dedicated to the game. The Devs were doing a great job of fixing the mess from what happen ( Lucas, and SOE fault because they wanted to tap into the WOW player base ) the devs had many plans, and updates for the game in the future. But Lucas had to pull the rug in my opinion to force us all to upgrade. But I guess he is getting what he wanted. WOW Wars... Lucas, Sulu wishes to have a word with you.

That being said. I don't see much that will rip me away from this game, unless they really go off the deep end before my sub is out in October, but with perfect worlds taking control. I can see some good things coming. it makes me happy.

OP I am not to worried about those game. We have some really good things going for us, and we will survive them being released.

Oh sorry about the rant. the SWG thing has me bugged.
It's allright. That's your reason and that is why this thread is for

But SWG wasn't shut down by GL, but LA. GL couldn't care less about those Expanded Universe things. If he hasnít his fingers into it, he doesn't care. I remember some interview he got asked about Revan. He looked debuffed and asked, who is that guy? I got to laugh. GL is not interested into the Star Wars Universe as so many fans would like to. And that is ok. LA however broke a lot of things for Star Wars, but this is how it goes.

I feel some kind the same here for Star Trek and CBS or Paramount. At some degree it is very hard for a fan of the franchise to decide what is really right. We got a lot of different timelines, and now even different parallel universes. And which company owns the rights, and which of them can be shared with Cryptic. Beside this, what is the expanded Universe of Cryptic's STO? -My opinion on this matter is, STO is a nice game, but is entirely no Star Trek. Just try to think the known names away, take the Klingons, Romulans and Feds stripped by their names; you simply got some "kill'em all" space opera. I would never recognize STO being a part of the Star trek franchise.
To be honest to the bone, without the Foundry, and the lovely written user missions, I wouldn't come back 3 moths ago!

IMHO I truly believe that the Foundry was the biggest masterpiece put into an MMO, and I am also very glad, it was STO! At this moment the Foundry is the only reason I play STO.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Decent PvP Extensions. New maps, modes, preferably some kind of Territory Control Sector Block where battles affect your factions standing.

Reworking Space Combat to fix several issues in regards to balance and gameplay, like making NPC fights more dynamic, reducing some of the wide variance between fully buffed and unbuffed.

Space Exploration Revamp. Make it something that's fun, varied and gives us a feeling we are actually exploring space and discovering new stuff.

Foundry Enhancements for PvP, map building and more art assets.

Featured Episodes with complex story arcs, including adding more faction-specific elements to some missions or maps to encourage replay across factions.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Decent and interesting PvP

Terretorial Control

Much more KDF stuff and content

Real exploration aka Klingon conquest.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I love Star Trek - Staying Here because Star Trek is better in my opinion.

I don't like fantasy as much as Sci Fi - Staying because I won't get GW2 right away if ever.

George Lucas, SWG closing down, and Clone Wars Star Wars style TOR - Staying because Lucas can take TOR and [ Edited due to Content] . it was crap closing down SWG. they have a dedicated community. small, but dedicated to the game. The Devs were doing a great job of fixing the mess from what happen ( Lucas, and SOE fault because they wanted to tap into the WOW player base ) the devs had many plans, and updates for the game in the future. But Lucas had to pull the rug in my opinion to force us all to upgrade. But I guess he is getting what he wanted. WOW Wars... Lucas, Sulu wishes to have a word with you.

That being said. I don't see much that will rip me away from this game, unless they really go off the deep end before my sub is out in October, but with perfect worlds taking control. I can see some good things coming. it makes me happy.

OP I am not to worried about those game. We have some really good things going for us, and we will survive them being released.

Oh sorry about the rant. the SWG thing has me bugged.
/agree - somewhat. However, LA didn't kill SWG, it was SWG (SOE Austin) and all the past mistakes that caused it to kill itself. And this is the same Esquire that has been over there for many years.

There had been many new launches that was supposed to kill SWG and none of them ever did. The same will be true over here also. Sure, there will be some that go try the new games but new games are new games and tend to lose their "shiney" very quickly expecialy compared to a game that has post-launch development. As with SWG, the ones who like the game and gameplay will be back or just never leave in the 1st place. I have the TOR collector's edition myself but that does not mean I'll give up STO in favor of TOR, even if I do like TOR (which I have reservations about going in as an old SWG player).

Cryptic has an opportunity here. If they try to emulate WoW, or even TOR, I doubt that style will get them much. No sence in playing a copy when you can play the original. If they start adding sandbox, etc and go on their own path of development and playstyle, they might become an alternative to both.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-15-2011, 11:18 AM
SW - not interested in the IP at all. I couldn't care less about any game based on the IP.

GW2 - same as GW1 - wasn't that interesting enough to keep my attention.

STO - I like it. I enjoy it. I play it as the mood strikes. It's a nice theme park type of place to game and be entertained.

I knew coming into STO way back when that it would be a theme park game to indulge in casually and not some empty sand-box or hack-n-slash or wild fantasy realm where I would have to play all day everyday just to keep up with the raiding Joneses.

STO is not about the hardcore min-max'ers that just want to beat each other over the head.

STO is not about the hardcore raiders that have to reach milestone after milestone of ultra-difficult-to-beat-after-years-of-grinding-endlessly type "bosses" that drop or award "epic lewtz".

STO is about giving the player the chance to be the director and lead actor of his/her own little episode using the IP as a backdrop with the ships and uniforms as props all combined into a personal trek "where no one has gone before" across the galaxy.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-15-2011, 11:28 AM
SWTOR can take a long walk off a short pier. No snorkel just walk. *PUNT*
I am in to STO and CO for the long haul. So long as things keep rolling in I will keep logging in on a regular basis.
10Forward is going nowhere.

/maniacal laughter.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-15-2011, 11:32 AM
I will play TOR but no interest in GW.

but I plan to stay with STO until they shut the servers and prise me off holodeck with a spatula.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Star Wars the Old Republic will have an impact on this game. There's no way around that. It's an MMO. It's sci-fi. And it has a large amount of cash invested into it.

The developers seem to be pushing alot of new content back back back, to the autumn. Which is right around the time that TOR is supposed to launch.

Hmmmmmmm.