Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-15-2011, 12:32 PM
I just use WASD to steer, & click powers with the mouse to (hopefully) activate them
Clearly, Iamdoinitwrong
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-15-2011, 01:11 PM
WASD to steer
QER for speed changes
1 distribute shields
2 torpedoes
4 cloak
F1-F4 teammate targeting
F5 self targeting
F10 $target calling bind (oh how i wish this still worked)

camera is set to follow target, but i also use my mouse to adjust the camera when needed

everything else, i click with my mouse
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I've screwed my binds up from the start because of the default set up I used on a different game that I played for years (>_<).

I use NumPad 2, 4, 6, 8 to steer in conjunction with the Chase Camera. I use the third tray option for 30 skills all accessible from simply pressing number keys, or a combination of control and alt.
Wow, another lefty. I thought we were a dying breed. I use the left side of my keyboard though.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I use mouse to steer and keyboard for all of my binds. I have almost all of the keys on my left side of my keyboard for binds.

I wish they would release a lefty Naga, so I can have even more buttons at my disposal. =p
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnogE00F
Wow, another lefty. I thought we were a dying breed. I use the left side of my keyboard though.
Sorry, lol. Oddly enough I'm a righty.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Sorry, lol. Oddly enough I'm a righty.
Wow, that is weird. I use 8 + I + U + O for movement in FPS games. I could never get used to using number keys.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Steer with the mouse for the most part but if clicking a target I take over with A and D.
W and S are accelerate/decelerate in increments, mouse wheel is quick throttle change.
All my F keys and number keys are mapped, with other keys close to my WASD hand like zxcvgbrtq also bound.

Oh, and massive amounts of spacebar
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-15-2011, 04:40 PM
A combination of my heinously under utilized G110 keyboard (well if you count extensive use and abuse of the Anti Ghosting Feature then this poor bugger's been run through the ringer. It's a true testament to Logitech that this thing has made it these last four months LOL)

WASD to fly and move, and Tat-tat-tat-tat, TATATATATATATATA my space bar with. (Apparently I fire my cannons in the rhythm of a Tommy Gun. I can't help it Honest ) my right pinky hits Shift, my left thumb Alt for power activations, and to quickly change songs to something more fitting to whatever is going on in pvp.... I think pretty much everyone in OPVP knows what my opening themesong is for my first match of the night.

Camera zoom in and out has been altered from the scroll wheel to Q, and E respectively.
I altered the CTRL row, from being well god awful CTRL to a much more intuitive (for me anyway) Shift row. Teamspeak/Raidcall/Vent's push to talk is Caps Lock.

Throttle Control has been shifted to the Mouse Wheel for me, which allows me nearly instantaneous control over how fast or slow I'm going. (There my secret is out. There's the Mav Hax right there. )

And now for the centerpiece of my gaming input, my Razer Naga. I'm a console gamer, I will never master the art of staying on WASD and using my # keys, infact I suspect most people never do, they just use Macros. Everything is at my Right Hand. I can click a target, Pan the camera, speed up or slow down and activate my powers all at once. Which is much more reminiscent of my Ace Combat, and Armored Core days.

Not an input device, but just as essential to my happy gaming is my chair. It's a bucket seat out of a I think a 77 or 78 240Zcar, with a set of casters under it, and center pillar. A chair that, direly should get WD40ed as it squeaks when I rotate the chair as I get out of it. Perfect comfort though for long term gaming.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-15-2011, 04:46 PM
i derp with mouseclick

okey i got a g13 keypad and a g19 keayboard.....
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Entirely done by keyboard.

Standard AWSD movement

1: Aux to Sif
2: Transfer Shield Strength
3: Tractor Beam
4: Hazard Emitters
5: Emergency Power to Engines
6: Evasive Maneuvers
7: Ramming Speed