Lt. Commander
# 21
08-21-2011, 02:41 AM
My Tac BOFF uses a Lirpa alot (I play on Advanced, sometimes Elite when I'm feeling cocky)... mostly for the lulz. As pointed out, her awareness seems incredibly wonky. Sometimes she stands around, other times she circles a corner and dives into a pile of enemies before anyone else even shoots.

Still, when she actually stays where she can be healed, and remembers to swing her weapon regularly, she can do some nice damage and usually get a lot of Exposes on her target. Not to mention it's cool when she charges a Klingon Swordmaster and they have an epic melee fight.

All that said, ranged weapons are still better. The Lirpa seems handy against melee happy opponents, but BOFFs (and myself) can do more damage (and in my Tac BOFF's case, hold better and more aggro) with ranged weapons. But petite pink chick with a Lirpa charging a Jem'Hadar platoon... it amuses me, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel-Hyena
My Tac BOFF uses a Lirpa alot (I play on Advanced, sometimes Elite when I'm feeling cocky)... mostly for the lulz. As pointed out, her awareness seems incredibly wonky. Sometimes she stands around, other times she circles a corner and dives into a pile of enemies before anyone else even shoots.

Still, when she actually stays where she can be healed, and remembers to swing her weapon regularly, she can do some nice damage and usually get a lot of Exposes on her target. Not to mention it's cool when she charges a Klingon Swordmaster and they have an epic melee fight.

All that said, ranged weapons are still better. The Lirpa seems handy against melee happy opponents, but BOFFs (and myself) can do more damage (and in my Tac BOFF's case, hold better and more aggro) with ranged weapons. But petite pink chick with a Lirpa charging a Jem'Hadar platoon... it amuses me, at least.
Five to seven opponets is a short squad at most . A platoon is between 35 to 40 combatants .