Lt. Commander
We have temporarily disabled The Foundry on Holodeck. Thank you for your patience! ~The Star Trek Online Team
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
We have temporarily disabled The Foundry on Holodeck. Thank you for your patience! ~The Star Trek Online Team
didn't it never stop being disabled from last time?

(first :p)
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-15-2011, 12:22 PM
thanks for clearing that up
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Well that information... isnt really.... new....???!?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Didn't know it had come back up...

Oh well, thanks anyway
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
Cryptic's idea of "temporarily disabled" is starting to look undistinguishable from "permanently disabled". I have to admit that I missed Foundry even beeing available. May I ask how long it happened to work?
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceroid View Post
didn't it never stop being disabled from last time?

(first :p)
They turned it on for 5 minute but it broke again.

Foundry is turning into the enterprise - A of Final Frontier. Kidding devs.. ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoteus View Post
Cryptic's idea of "temporarily disabled" is starting to look undistinguishable from "permanently disabled". I have to admit that I missed Foundry even beeing available. May I ask how long it happened to work?
About a week after the last time they brought it up. It was an issue QA stated they know and posted about but QA thopught it onlty happened to some ground maps in the Foundry if you hit 'Return to Editor' after doing a ground map prieview mode. Unfortunately after the patch went Live, they discoivered it affected more than just the editor (although to be fair, it didn't affect as many missions nor was it as catastrophic a bug as the one that caused a 4 week Foundry shutdown and mission database rollback.

It was a good full week of Foundry functionallity.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Just in case no one is aware, the front page "Read More" link on the maintenance announcement banner and the server status text in the nav bar both link to the Atari support page, which displays a list of FAQs and provides no information about the actual outage in progress.

If the intention is to have these tools link somewhere that contains additional information about the outage, I'd suggest creating a status page on the support website that can be updated by the support team using an automated tool. Alternatively, change those links to point to this forum instead.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
About a week after the last time they brought it up. It was an issue QA stated they know and posted about but QA thopught it onlty happened to some ground maps in the Foundry if you hit 'Return to Editor' after doing a ground map prieview mode. Unfortunately after the patch went Live, they discoivered it affected more than just the editor (although to be fair, it didn't affect as many missions nor was it as catastrophic a bug as the one that caused a 4 week Foundry shutdown and mission database rollback.

It was a good full week of Foundry functionallity.
Its worth noting that they never announced it. This is just my speculation but I think the devs just weren't confident enough in its state to get lots of people back in it. I know it still had a bug that minimized STO anytime I would preview a map.