Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I am having a continuing issue with a bug I reported over a year ago. The random mobs found in exploration missions that use Dual pistols are doing way too much damage. They are doing over 900 AOE damage in a single volley. Some spawns will have 2 mobs doing this at the same time, instantly wiping my entire Away team in 3 seconds flat.

Can we get a dev comment to finally recognise that the proble exists and is being worked on. It is pretty frustrating being instantly killed and then having to run back 2 minutes because these missions have only 1 spawn point only to be instantly killed again. There is no time to use any boosters or abilities they just kill you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Ive always found the mobs on ground in exploration missions much more powerful, too powerful even. This is probably still unbalanced or sumthink.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-15-2011, 04:55 PM
This was addressed in the season 4 major update of ground combat. The way they are is how they are intended to be.

Amazing top notch development in action right there! Cryptic Math and all! Who knew that in a game based on a future where computers, math and science are prominent features in episode after episode, simple decimal points would confound the developers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-18-2011, 08:31 AM
My favorite continues to be the mobs that rush you through your blistering hail of high-energy fire just to kill you with daggers. More than slightly immersion-breaking in my opinion. That and how these personal force fields, in all their new tech glory, are somehow standard equipment throughout the entire galaxy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat40 View Post
I am having a continuing issue with a bug I reported over a year ago. The random mobs found in exploration missions that use Dual pistols are doing way too much damage. They are doing over 900 AOE damage in a single volley. Some spawns will have 2 mobs doing this at the same time, instantly wiping my entire Away team in 3 seconds flat.

Can we get a dev comment to finally recognise that the proble exists and is being worked on. It is pretty frustrating being instantly killed and then having to run back 2 minutes because these missions have only 1 spawn point only to be instantly killed again. There is no time to use any boosters or abilities they just kill you.
Are you sure on the 900 points of damage per volley? The Dual Pistols have been very effectively neutered from what I've encountered (on all difficulty levels), the most powerful weapon by a long shot is now the Pulsewave Assault followed by the Minigun. If it was a Swordmaster that hit you for 900 then there's a good chance it was a Lunge III attack, they're a nightmare. A Science BO with NHM 1 and a Electro Gravitic Shift will help a lot though as it'll help to keep him out of range of his lunge attack and the NHM will give you a boost as your health drops that will hopefully keep you up. If you're drawing two groups on anything above Normal you're going to struggle anyway (you mentioned two mobs above) but if you mean two NPCs then two or three seems to be the average.

Something to bear in mind though is that cover is very important, if you're stood in the open all the fire from every NPC in the mob will get you but if you use objects in the environment for cover, such as consoles, barrels, crates etc you can usually reduce the fire down to one or two NPCs at a time which is much more manageable.
A massive help is to clear the low level NPCs out first, they have few HP but deal quite a lot of damage so targeting them first and working your way up is the easiest way of dealing with the mobs. My usual order is Ensign, LT, LTC, Commander and on the final group the same but I leave the BOs to deal with the commander whilst I deal with the Captain. On Elite this doesn't really work though so the BOs are set to normal and I focus all there fire on single targets, only the Captain can put up a sustained fight against that amount of firepower.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Max out your armor and shields? Place your fortifications before engaging? /shrugs