Lt. Commander
# 11
08-31-2011, 07:45 PM
I just purchased the Steam Digital Deluxe Subscription an hour ago to get the Steam-exclusive Phaser Turret to play around with, I redeemed the key, and all I got was the level 2 Steam-preorder Chromodynamic Armor. I have searched throughout the C-Store Special Unlocks tab and all the other tabs also. I already had all the other Special Items this DDE also comes with from other purchases.

Steam says this on the order page "The game also includes a Steam-exclusive Phaser Turret – This Tactical Station Mod allows you to deploy a small space phaser turret. After redeeming your key, your exclusive item will be available in the C-Store’s Special Unlocks tab."

Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,192,282.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper22bw View Post
I just purchased the Steam Digital Deluxe Subscription an hour ago to get the Steam-exclusive Phaser Turret to play around with, I redeemed the key, and all I got was the level 2 Steam-preorder Chromodynamic Armor. I have searched throughout the C-Store Special Unlocks tab and all the other tabs also. I already had all the other Special Items this DDE also comes with from other purchases.

Steam says this on the order page "The game also includes a Steam-exclusive Phaser Turret – This Tactical Station Mod allows you to deploy a small space phaser turret. After redeeming your key, your exclusive item will be available in the C-Store’s Special Unlocks tab."

Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,192,282.
There are two keys, the Steam Digital Deluxe key and the Steam Phaser Turret key. Have to activate the Phaser Turret key to get the Phaser Turret. It should be in your mail or wherever you got the Digital Deluxe code.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
There are two keys, the Steam Digital Deluxe key and the Steam Phaser Turret key. Have to activate the Phaser Turret key to get the Phaser Turret. It should be in your mail or wherever you got the Digital Deluxe code.
Thanks for letting me know this. I do not see an email yet with that key so I will give it a bit more time to show up.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper22bw View Post
Thanks for letting me know this. I do not see an email yet with that key so I will give it a bit more time to show up.
the key is actually listed with all of your other product keys for Steam. In the Steam main window, right-click on Star Trek Online in your list of games, and hit 'View Game CD Key'. This will bring up a window of all the key codes you have for Star Trek Online, through Steam.

Since it's the digital deluxe edition through Steam, you should be seeing two lines; one for Star Trek Online - Deluxe CD Key, and the other should be Star Trek Online - Phaser Turret Unlock Key

all you need to do is, on the main website after logging in, is go to Support -> Redeem Key. Back in the CD Keys window, highlight the Phaser Turret Unlock Key, and hit the button marked 'Copy Key To Clipboard'. Back on the website, click on the text entry field and hit CTRL-V to paste the key, and hit submit

And obviously if you haven't already done it for the client cd key itself, do so for that too so that you can collect veterency rewards.

done.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks ArgentSF. I was able to now find that activation key and get it entered. I had already figured out a different way to get that CD key activated so I could get my 30 days of free game time that came with it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-01-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't really see what all the hype is. It's kinda... crappy.

Yeah, it sounds cool, and yeah, it scales. But it kersplodes from the slightest jarring and then there's a 10 minute cooldown until you can use it again. Plus it's not immensely powerful. Sure, it'll keep the heavy plasma torps off your back in "Diplomatic Orders" (unless it decides to just target the Undine Warship the whole time, which you have no control over), but it won't turn the tide of every battle. I don't use it much myself.