Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
08-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Actually it has more to do with many team make ups usually have 2-3 sci ships. So 3 ships with similar skills are a PITA.
This..

The difference between having 3 Escorts or Cruisers and having 3 SV, is that SVs effectiveness increases exponentially, where the effectiveness of the other ships are more linear.. Thats how I look at it anyways.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
08-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Well that too :p

I was speaking from more of a single ship/pug perspective, but 3 of any coordinated ships can be annoying/lethal. 3 Extends. 3 Beam Overloads on a single target. Or, 3 Scrambles.
Heh slightly escorts will focus maybe a little overlap but for the most part a team of 3-4 escorts will all 4 alpha the same target. Sci abilities tend to effect everyone since most sci skills besides SNB are AOE. Nothing like getting out of 1 SS to see enough daylight to see the 2nd SS coming in. Or get out of one TR/GW to be put into another. Also most Sci skills have counters but uinless you are in a sci ship you do not have enough whereas if 4 defiants decloak off your port bow and hit you with Beta and FOMM all it takes is a TT and that TT will be back up when those escorts want you again. Sci skills are not like that, if I use APO to escape a TR/GW then I get hit with a \nother I can use EM and eng batteries but what about the third.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
08-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
This..

The difference between having 3 Escorts or Cruisers and having 3 SV, is that SVs effectiveness increases exponentially, where the effectiveness of the other ships are more linear.. Thats how I look at it anyways.
I agree.

Having 1 alpha is nice, having 2 is better.
Having 1 Extend on a team is nice, having 2 is better.
Having 1 CPB 3 is nice, having 2+ is just straight up killer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
08-16-2011, 03:02 PM
i've spammed tachyon grid with my nebula while scrambled a few times just annoy my team mates... does this make me a bad spammer?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
08-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i've spammed tachyon grid with my nebula while scrambled a few times just annoy my team mates... does this make me a bad spammer?
Oh, you're one of thoooose guys :p

Ryan would do that every now and then in the middle of an intense fight. Then my speakers would overload from everyone screaming 'RRRYYYYYAAANNNNN you [expletive]!' into Vent lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
08-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Oh, you're one of thoooose guys :p

Ryan would do that every now and then in the middle of an intense fight. Then my speakers would overload from everyone screaming 'RRRYYYYYAAANNNNN you [expletive]!' into Vent lol
LOL true story!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
08-16-2011, 05:19 PM
the real right proper spam is ai non player garbage.

p'fleet
fleet support
mines
fighters
all carrier deployables
mvam parts
tykens
gwell
warp plasma
fireworks

the screen cluttering blargh that has lil effect on battle other than to annoy and lag


players have morphed that into saying spam includes anything from psw to scramble

that stuff aint spam, it may be bugged,op, or lame, but it aint spam imho
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
08-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
the real right proper spam is ai non player garbage.

p'fleet
fleet support
mines
fighters
all carrier deployables
mvam parts
tykens
gwell
warp plasma
fireworks

the screen cluttering blargh that has lil effect on battle other than to annoy and lag


players have morphed that into saying spam includes anything from psw to scramble

that stuff aint spam, it may be bugged,op, or lame, but it aint spam imho
Tyken's, Gravity Well, and Warp Plasma all have very legtimate uses though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
08-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Tyken's, Gravity Well, and Warp Plasma all have very legtimate uses though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNkpztOXcY legtimate? you say like its ok to use the powers like cbp solo but if you use two its too good, why? The goal is to win, surely everyone dont like endless scramble but... who are we to draw a line on what to use, alright I agree there are some stupid skills like scramble, pengs, faw, but imo mines are "ok", they in themselfs are not broken or anything.. Its just I suppose when you make an entire team do mines or what we in sw did here, it becomes boring.

Infact the sw setup was soooo fun to play we didn't actually stop playing it because we got bored or owned, we just moved to something else, because it didn't give the other team a fighting chance.

Infact multiple offencive powers co-ordinated is more fun because healing is so broken and boring atm.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
08-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNkpztOXcY legtimate? you say like its ok to use the powers like cbp solo but if you use two its too good, why? The goal is to win, surely everyone dont like endless scramble but... who are we to draw a line on what to use, alright I agree there are some stupid skills like scramble, pengs, faw, but imo mines are "ok", they in themselfs are not broken or anything.. Its just I suppose when you make an entire team do mines or what we in sw did here, it becomes boring.

Infact the sw setup was soooo fun to play we didn't actually stop playing it because we got bored or owned, we just moved to something else, because it didn't give the other team a fighting chance.

Infact multiple offencive powers co-ordinated is more fun because healing is so broken and boring atm.
OMG I remember that hell. It was very overwhelming. Had I been more experienced at the time I could have appreciated the genius behind that better. At least I got a kill in! GG.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 AM.