Lt. Commander
# 1 YOUR UI improvements
08-16-2011, 06:08 AM
Hi there,
Im in a "What would you like" mood, so here we go on my third thread about game mechanics or improvements. This time the UI. Write down what ever you'd like to be improved about it.

Things I'd definetely would like would be esthetical as practical as well:
  • A fading option for the UI or even better, for any part in particular of it.
  • A revmap to look more LCARS like. -Where are the orange and the browny tones in there?
  • Emote Icons you could drag into the command slots
  • Pointing system - "Im over here, go there - look on the map/minimap" or "Circle, Triangle, Square markings- Enemy No1-4, or simply to mark your buddys to recognise them faster into the game
  • 3D Minimap. - I'd always hated it, when I flew to high or to low ot the marking spot. "Where the heck am I? ...But I can see the enemy on my radar"
  • Improved Tricorder scan. - What the heck did I just pinpointed with the scan? Annomaly, Lifeform, Point of Interest...?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Toolbar icons that stay in the same place whenever I swap kits/devices, change Boffs/ships, log in, move zone, or even shuffle items around in my inventory.

We can all dream, can't we?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-16-2011, 06:21 AM
As a side note. There is a reason that they couldn't use the various colors for the LCARS. I believe stahl mentioned it sometime in 2010. I think CBS is behind this.

Anyway, what I would like is a way to hide all UI elements individually.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Ok, still they could make them look more LCARS or more futuristic in a Star Trek way of course.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-16-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Toolbar icons that stay in the same place whenever I swap kits/devices, change Boffs/ships, log in, move zone, or even shuffle items around in my inventory.

We can all dream, can't we?
^This.

I want to be able to save and then load up trays whenever i switch ships.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-16-2011, 07:13 AM
In no particular order what I'd personally like:
1) A ready-check function.
2) Back buttons.
3) Consistent way of entering missions.
4) Improved ship scanner (anomlaies, enemy ships etc)
5) Better responsiveness
6) Real time stats to be stickied to UI (actual shield power, shield regen, hull strength etc)
7) Ability to alter colour of UI, I find the red Klingon side very hard to read.
8) A reply button for the mail
9) Better search filters for Exchange
10) better detail on player info pop ups.

LCARS whil nice in theroy is an absolutely awful UI having been designed to make it look eye catching for TV viewers, I'd rather have a much more streamlined UI which actually gets the job done. If people want to use it...cool, I'd not touch it with a barge pole.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
In no particular order what I'd personally like:
1) A ready-check function.
2) Back buttons.
3) Consistent way of entering missions.
4) Improved ship scanner (anomlaies, enemy ships etc)
5) Better responsiveness
6) Real time stats to be stickied to UI (actual shield power, shield regen, hull strength etc)
7) Ability to alter colour of UI, I find the red Klingon side very hard to read.
8) A reply button for the mail
9) Better search filters for Exchange
10) better detail on player info pop ups.

LCARS whil nice in theroy is an absolutely awful UI having been designed to make it look eye catching for TV viewers, I'd rather have a much more streamlined UI which actually gets the job done. If people want to use it...cool, I'd not touch it with a barge pole.
all of the above and a larger colored Mouse pointer
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-16-2011, 08:15 AM
I'd be happy with a UI that actually activated powers when I click on them once. Everything else in this thread would be gravy...

Z
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Let them first fix the FPS DROP issues with the UI. Enabling Inventory as an example = minus -20FPS

Disabling the HUD with the F12 key: FPS boost of 30FPS.

There have been many topics about it, it seems to be happening with alot of Nvidia users. Ofcourse people with super fast gpu's wont notice a difference, but people with mid-range cards which are perfectly capably of playing the game smoothly really notice this ...

People often complain about Minespam and pets and it lags their PC? Well I have solution for ya. Its not the spam itself, its the overlays on all the spam which really, really drops your FPS. Try to disable the HUD with the keybind for the fun when ur in a high spam area. You will be surprised.

Furthermore, we should get more costumizaton options, disabling unnecessary visuals etc etc. We should be able to reside the fonts or anything to minimize the crap being showed on the screen.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh almost forgot a switch Toons option added that would take you back to you to select toon screen "with out having to log off "