Lt. Commander
# 11
08-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO_Mac
Oh almost forgot a switch Toons option added that would take you back to you to select toon screen "with out having to log off "
This one to manage would be a very hard issue, since the engine works that way.
I would also be very happy to see this worked out.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-16-2011, 02:40 PM
The one thing that really bugs be about STO's user interface is the fact that the UI covers my ship. For example, when I am around a major hub like ESD, with 50 names all overlapping, they overlap on my ship as well. That is horrible, I should see my ship first, UI second.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Let them first fix the FPS DROP issues with the UI. Enabling Inventory as an example = minus -20FPS

Disabling the HUD with the F12 key: FPS boost of 30FPS.

There have been many topics about it, it seems to be happening with alot of Nvidia users. Ofcourse people with super fast gpu's wont notice a difference, but people with mid-range cards which are perfectly capably of playing the game smoothly really notice this ...

This, and its not just low or mid cards, my GTX480 struggles when ever I open up the exchange or mouse over an item for a tooltip... Constant smooth 60fps (vsync), open exchange or mouse over item, 14 fps... Oddly though, it comes and goes with each patch. Not sure if its driver or client related.

How bout maybe an option to line the skill tray and BO tray down along the sides of the screen, vertically? (in space) And teammate status horizontally along the bottom. (space) I think both would take up less space if they switched places. (depending on UI scale anyway)
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Custom UI tools added to the foundry, so that users can design and hopefully use better looking and more functional UI's
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
As a side note. There is a reason that they couldn't use the various colors for the LCARS. I believe stahl mentioned it sometime in 2010. I think CBS is behind this.
I remember that statement too.
Somebody even called it "Clownpuke" i believe.

The thing that puts salt in the wound is that Star Trek Infinite Space (that other Star Trek MMO... which runs in the Browser) seems pretty heavy on proper LCARS interfaces.

Heck they have Michael Okuda... the man friggen invented LCARS.

*grumbles points at signature and leaves*
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-17-2011, 04:07 PM
i would like to see an indicator on my hud showing my hull/shield resistance and shield regen rate while in pvp or pve...would be nice to see ur ships performance during combat
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-17-2011, 08:39 PM
I want to see, in Sector Space, to type the speed you want to go (anything higher than your max gets dropped to your max).

Readouts for what direction you're facing (X,Y, and Z).

On a sensor scan, how far away the detected object is.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-18-2011, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO_Mac
all of the above and a larger colored Mouse pointer
Its possible to change mouse cursor and icons.

Here a pic from coloured ui icons http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/file...k4y-f-9bf3.png. The icons were available on www.sto-advanced.com but the side is gone because Cryptic sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-18-2011, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stressfaktor
Its possible to change mouse cursor and icons.

Here a pic from coloured ui icons http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/file...k4y-f-9bf3.png. The icons were available on www.sto-advanced.com but the side is gone because Cryptic sucks.
Oh, man...! That's exactly what I wanted to have at lest for the UI.
I feel often so lost with the blue in blue... "what the heck was the third from left? Er... where are my heal items?"
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Why is that not in game?? Does anyone have a current link to that ui mod??