Lt. Commander
# 31
08-17-2011, 01:46 PM
one of my least favorite people showed some form of improvement last night. I was impressed, he managed to hit me with chroniton mines and target engines & then ran away while I continually ignored him.

All it did was slow down (slightly) the rate that his teammates were dying.

I have since put my ET1 boff back on. That won't be happening again.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-18-2011, 06:37 AM
Just leave your character in the game for 30 seconds after you log out. If you log back in within that time frame you get regain control if not that's plenty of time for others to kill you and get the point.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Been playing since headstart and have never seen this but if I did see someone do it over and over, I would report them.

Its a very underhanded move and im sure the devs will address it if it turns in to a regular thing.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-18-2011, 07:05 AM
I haven't witnessed it much lately, but then again I haven't come across Mavairo's buddy in awhile either.

There are times I've crashed or lagged out in the middle of a match and it seems that every time that has happened I'm removed from the map by the time I get back in. Fortunately mine has a pattern, between 10 and 11 pm my ISP seems to take a crap for about 45 seconds so I try to avoid pvp in that hour or until after I get dumped.
Otherwise so long as no one runs my microwave (yes, true story) I've no real issues with stability.

I was going to say something to bring this to a point but I have forgotten what it was.....
Lt. Commander
# 35 I'll have to admit.....
08-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Only had to do it once last week..... not proud of it but had been on STO for over 4 hours and was in an excellent PvP... lasted about 30 minutes and was tied 12/12 (If I remember correctly).

Well my .....er.....Klingon wife came down stairs and it seems for some reason she was ...a.....upset? (I have no idea why:p)

Well..... I experianced a ...hmmmmm....service interuption......

Is this a legitmate excuse?
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Yup late last night some moron was being egotistical enough to boast he logged off at least 4 times in one particular match.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-18-2011, 04:33 PM
I said in my post earlier I have never seen this.

Today I did, guy was on my team and logged in and out at least 6 times and would in /zone every time.
Cant remember his name or I would name and shame.

Same match we had a few AFK grinders, flying to the top of the map and sitting their.

We really need some form of report function in game.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
Only had to do it once last week..... not proud of it but had been on STO for over 4 hours and was in an excellent PvP... lasted about 30 minutes and was tied 12/12 (If I remember correctly).

Well my .....er.....Klingon wife came down stairs and it seems for some reason she was ...a.....upset? (I have no idea why:p)

Well..... I experienced a ...hmmmmm....service interruption......

Is this a legitimate excuse?
We are talking about people who do it all the time so they don't die.
Of course real life issues come first.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 39 Theft of welcomes
08-19-2011, 10:37 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade