Lt. Commander
# 21 I know that.
08-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Klingon cruisers can't equip cannons aft.
But they can equip turrets there, just like the feds. Then add some cannon rapid fire or scatter volley skill and you are done, same stuff on both sides.
I know the klinks can't equip rear cannons. I'm asking the creators to allow Fed large cruisers to equip rear cannons to make up for super slow turn radius. I was making a point that it is canon that the Enterprise E had them in its last movie so why not allow it in the game. The game can't continue to be uneven just to please Klingon fans. Either make shronger shields for Fed large cruisers or allow rear cannons. Something must be don't to make up for slow turns.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-21-2011, 02:32 AM
Feds have stronger shields and hull in exchange for the cloak. Seriously, if you are having that much trouble with Klink Cruisers using cannons then maybe it would be better to ask advice on what you can do better. I'm not a Cruiser pilot but there are plenty out there who know how to absorb and ignore incoming cannon fire from multiple fully buff stacked ships. Sometimes they can do it on their own and sometimes they need a little help. The answer to good teamwork isn't yet another boost to innate defenses (or some oddball request for aft DHC).
Lt. Commander
# 23 known
08-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Feds have stronger shields and hull in exchange for the cloak. Seriously, if you are having that much trouble with Klink Cruisers using cannons then maybe it would be better to ask advice on what you can do better. I'm not a Cruiser pilot but there are plenty out there who know how to absorb and ignore incoming cannon fire from multiple fully buff stacked ships. Sometimes they can do it on their own and sometimes they need a little help. The answer to good teamwork isn't yet another boost to innate defenses (or some oddball request for aft DHC).
I have been playing this game for over 500 days, i have tried everything. i know teamwork means a lot but I still think the Fed Cruisers need better rear defense to make up for slow turning. If cannons only can be faced to the front and you can't get your fron facing an enemy atttacking from the rear, then it don't matter how strong your shields are if they are worn down too quick.

Maybe if you played a large cruiser then you will get what I'm talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-21-2011, 12:07 PM
I have limited experience in my Galaxy-R, but I've watched more Cruisers than just that one brush off attacks from multiple attackers consistently. Again, Fed ships have the edge in nearly every way. As long as you've been playing it shouldn't be too hard to spot the guys who are good at defending themselves and ask for advice. Sometimes, in spite of (or perhaps because of) our vast experience, we learn something the wrong way or get set in our ways. Every time I think I have it figured out someone sends me back to the drawing board, lol.

There are so many more variables determining our success than just our class of ship and build.
Lt. Commander
# 25 ok
08-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Still I want the game to evolve and not stay the same. I noticed those cannons on the Enterprise E and now i want the option to put them on large Fed Cruisers.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-21-2011, 05:57 PM
The game needs to evolve. As long as they can do it with appropriate balance considerations, which would probably mean Klinks would need something like it as well, I don't suppose that would be the worst thing. The reduction in effective Cruiser broadside damage might be nice. I'm not sure how I feel about mounting cannons, other than turrets, on the backside but someone else wanted to drop mines from their forward arcs so it's not that silly, lol.

Generally, I think that canon rational needs to take the back seat to balance. I don't remember seeing aft cannons on the Enterprise E but now you've got me wanting to watch it again anyway.