Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Bots
08-16-2011, 12:04 PM
People who use Bots are ruining the game. People have complained about others using macros in the game when what I think they are referring to are people who are actually using Bots in the game. A macro is something totally different than a Bot. Bots are illegal as put forth in the EULA. Using them can get you banned from the game but unfortunately Bots are designed to be undetectable.The many websites that provide Bots even make it a point to advertise that their Bots are designed to be undetectable because it is in violation of user agreements and can get accounts cancelled. Bots are designed to play the game while a person is actually not online or near the computer but they are detectable by observation however. As anyone who has been in one of the expanses farming the "sweet spot" can tell you. The Bot users will come along and start stealing all the data samples. You can tell they are using a Bot because the Bot can react much faster than someone without it. Once a Bot user pulls up to the "sweet spot" you can pretty much count on not getting to scan anymore of the anomilies when they pop up because the Bot will scan the second it pops up. You can't react as quick as it can. This I think is the most commonly used Bot in the game. Not only is this irritating but it is rude on the part of the Bot user. Also you can tell its a Bot user because the ship is there farming the materials but if you do a search it will tell you that person is not online. If Cryptic Devs could spend some time in game and especially in the expanses where the data farming goes on they could easily see which accounts are using Bots, it's the same people all the time. I hope that eventually they can come up with a program that will detect Bots and automatically cancel accounts that are using them. If you see a person you suspect is using a Bot you can open a ticket and report it I think but don't quote me on that. As a lifetime subsciber I have just about resigned myself to this being an ongoing problem in the game that can't be resolved. There will always be those of us who honor the user agreement and those who want to cheat as long as they can get away with it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-16-2011, 12:10 PM
First off, the offline thing is most likely them using the Privacy Tool, because it's not possible to run a character without being online.

But yes, this was complained about when Cryptic made Anomolies in the crafting revamp. Because I know Gold Farmers that once farmed the War Zones all the time immediately went to farm exploration, and as a result flooded the Exchange of Very Rare items and really trivializing them.

For instance, prior to Season 4, Very Rare MK 10s costed literally millions, now they are worth under 100,000 credits.



So hopefully the Dev Team is paying attention and thinking of changing crafted items to "Bound on Pickup". Same with items won in War zones and Fleet Actions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
First off, the offline thing is most likely them using the Privacy Tool, because it's not possible to run a character without being online.

But yes, this was complained about when Cryptic made Anomolies in the crafting revamp. Because I know Gold Farmers that once farmed the War Zones all the time immediately went to farm exploration, and as a result flooded the Exchange of Very Rare items and really trivializing them.

For instance, prior to Season 4, Very Rare MK 10s costed literally millions, now they are worth under 100,000 credits.



So hopefully the Dev Team is paying attention and thinking of changing crafted items to "Bound on Pickup". Same with items won in War zones and Fleet Actions.
Yes technically the character is online but the user may not be they may be sleeping or whatever. I see your point however. So perhaps I was in error about detecting them that way I suppose. But as I said it is pretty easy to tell if someone is using a Bot to farm.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-16-2011, 12:35 PM
pretty easy you say... thank god we have gms instead of the armchair "i can tell who is botting" generals.

Those who honor the user agreement? Come come now you claim to have read it. I am willing to bet atleast two things you have are in violation. Heck i know ive violated quite alot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-16-2011, 12:36 PM
If you need anomalies, just start missions and close the introduction dialogue. You'll be able to scan the mission anomalies to your heart's content with little to no danger.

Works out a bit quicker than waiting for a single node to respawn.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
So hopefully the Dev Team is paying attention and thinking of changing crafted items to "Bound on Pickup". Same with items won in War zones and Fleet Actions.
You're kidding, right?

First, there's nothing wrong with crafted items that are Bound on Equip and most of them should be exactly that.

Second, it really doesn't address anomaly farming. If you're suggesting that data samples should also be bound on pickup, which would prevent sharing or trading them in any way, I wholeheartedly disagree.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
So hopefully the Dev Team is paying attention and thinking of changing crafted items to "Bound on Pickup". Same with items won in War zones and Fleet Actions.
If crafted items were bind on pickup every alt a player wants to have crafted mk XI would have to max out their crafting. For people with an alt or two its not that big of a deal but fore somebody with quite a few alts that would be a royal pain just to get a few MK XI rares.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephG.
People who use Bots are ruining the game. People have complained about others using macros in the game when what I think they are referring to are people who are actually using Bots in the game. A macro is something totally different than a Bot. Bots are illegal as put forth in the EULA. Using them can get you banned from the game but unfortunately Bots are designed to be undetectable.The many websites that provide Bots even make it a point to advertise that their Bots are designed to be undetectable because it is in violation of user agreements and can get accounts cancelled. Bots are designed to play the game while a person is actually not online or near the computer but they are detectable by observation however. As anyone who has been in one of the expanses farming the "sweet spot" can tell you. The Bot users will come along and start stealing all the data samples. You can tell they are using a Bot because the Bot can react much faster than someone without it. Once a Bot user pulls up to the "sweet spot" you can pretty much count on not getting to scan anymore of the anomilies when they pop up because the Bot will scan the second it pops up. You can't react as quick as it can. This I think is the most commonly used Bot in the game. Not only is this irritating but it is rude on the part of the Bot user. Also you can tell its a Bot user because the ship is there farming the materials but if you do a search it will tell you that person is not online. If Cryptic Devs could spend some time in game and especially in the expanses where the data farming goes on they could easily see which accounts are using Bots, it's the same people all the time. I hope that eventually they can come up with a program that will detect Bots and automatically cancel accounts that are using them. If you see a person you suspect is using a Bot you can open a ticket and report it I think but don't quote me on that. As a lifetime subsciber I have just about resigned myself to this being an ongoing problem in the game that can't be resolved. There will always be those of us who honor the user agreement and those who want to cheat as long as they can get away with it.
I find this argument entirely flawed. Players in this game since the beginning that need data samples are likely just sitting there hitting the f key and not really paying much attention to anything else. I do this myself. If someone has a lower ping than you it's not surprising if they can react faster than you. If someone snags a data sample before you that's life.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
I find this argument entirely flawed. Players in this game since the beginning that need data samples are likely just sitting there hitting the f key and not really paying much attention to anything else. I do this myself. If someone has a lower ping than you it's not surprising if they can react faster than you. If someone snags a data sample before you that's life.
All I though of when you said "just sitting there hitting the f key and not really paying much attention" reminded me of the bird toy that is constantally bobbing up a down.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-16-2011, 01:35 PM
first off, it's invalid. you see they are farming it so they can craft items. as well for hitting f key, anolmialies respawn every 20 seconds. lol i must admit that #8 comment was funny.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:46 AM.