Lt. Commander
So, I've been wanting to get a Galaxy-X forever... but I am just not going to shell out half the price of a new game for a ship. Now, as far as I've known, the only way to get this thing has always been Referral or C-Store, the former being no longer available... however yesterday on STOked it was stated that you could get it via emblems.

While I'm 99% sure the show was in error... I figure I'll just ask: Is there a way to get this ship with emblems? Because I'm actually willing to gring the 800-some-odd emblems like the Gurumba requires KDF side if it's actually possible.

For the record: Yes I checked the in-game ship store, no the Galaxy-X was not present; this is why I'm 99% sure... well that and prior knowledge... however, as bad as I want this ship I figure I should ask. Maybe it doesn't show up until you have enough emblems? Maybe it's bugged? I don't know. I figure asking can't hurt.

Appreciate the answers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Maybe in the future and I would put that possibility to less than 50%, but no. The Galaxy X is the reward for recruiting 5 players to STO and have them subscribe for a month through the referral system. Players complained about the Galaxy X requiring such an annoying method and some even bought 5 subscriptions for it. Now it is available for 2000 CP and since there is another way to get it, then it is highly unlikely that it will ever be available through Emblems. Also, there is some currency overhaul soon that might replace Emblems and various other currencies with a new currency.

Could be wrong, but the Siege Destroyer might also be awarded through the referral program.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-17-2011, 04:17 PM
I have heard several times (But may be corrrected on this) that they intend to make all ships available in-game over time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Probally "never"
As mentioned it was originally an "exclusive" reward for recruiting 5 paying subcribers to the game.
It was "only" added to the C-Store after a vocal minority complained so much until Cryptic gave in to their demands and offered them an "alternative" way to obtain it, and of course probally also to discourage people from creating 5 faux acctounts just to get the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Maybe in the future and I would put that possibility to less than 50%, but no. The Galaxy X is the reward for recruiting 5 players to STO and have them subscribe for a month through the referral system. Players complained about the Galaxy X requiring such an annoying method and some even bought 5 subscriptions for it. Now it is available for 2000 CP and since there is another way to get it, then it is highly unlikely that it will ever be available through Emblems. Also, there is some currency overhaul soon that might replace Emblems and various other currencies with a new currency.

Could be wrong, but the Siege Destroyer might also be awarded through the referral program.
The Seige Destroyer costs 850 emblems
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfHat
The Seige Destroyer costs 850 emblems
Unfortunately.
Klingon players as usual end up getting shafted by the referral program.
They do get the photonic tribble and even a photonic bridge officer, but no ship.

If Cryptic really want to play it fair then the Seige Destroyer should be the KDF side reward.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Ya I saw that too on STOked and actually got excited for a second. Im really hoping that they do have it available for emblems or whatever their replacing them with so its equal to the Garumba.

Though I think im just gonna end up paying for it because theirs no content coming for another month and I need something new >.<
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-17-2011, 07:23 PM
If it makes you feel better, you're really not missing much with the Gal-X :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Ah, drat. Thank you all for the help though. (Got my hopes up.)

@MVS5191 - I know for a lot of people it doesn't suit their playstyle... but I think it'd fit me like a glove. I like big, slow ships; I've been a cruiser captain all around, and the phaser lance really appeals to me... really the only thing about it I'm 'iffy' on is that there's no customization from what I've heard; but I can live with that.

Still, if the F is interesting that will make this a moot point for me anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-17-2011, 11:49 PM
The Galaxy-X was never one of the best ships, though at least now it's finally on Tier 5 quality. I while back it (and other ships) was avaialble for 50 % off. I'd wait for the next 50 % ship sale. It's bound to come eventually. I definitely would have never bought it at full price.