Lt. Commander
# 31
08-19-2011, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvyn View Post
Yep.

Crusade is one of many brilliant tv series that never got past the first or second season.

More B5 would be great. I wonder if it would be additional to the existing timeline or a "re-imagining".
I personally believe if Gideon would have been Archer... and Matheson his first officer in ent, THAT series would have been much more successfull.
Archer and Gideon were prety similar written.... Gideon just was MUCH better done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
Oh, the arc was fully in place. JMS did, after all, have the series mapped out before it ever went into production.
True, and this becomes very very obvious if you rewatch the first season. every major plotline sstarts here... and those were not randomly concludet.

I personally was just very disapointet of the final of the shadow war, that felt VERY rushed and the result was... prety unimpressive, especially considering the brilliant build up to there.
As far as I know it actually was rushed because it wasnt sure if there were a season 5 and the earth- war, wich was planed to do in s5 had to be done in 4, but still its a pity..
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-19-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I personally was just very disapointet of the final of the shadow war, that felt VERY rushed and the result was... prety unimpressive, especially considering the brilliant build up to there.
As far as I know it actually was rushed because it wasnt sure if there were a season 5 and the earth- war, wich was planed to do in s5 had to be done in 4, but still its a pity..
this is why i generally hate studio networks. would it have killed them to say to him there would be a season 4 and 5, let him finish the story as he intended, instead of giving him season 4 and letting him hang in the wind until the last moment before saying yes, with the damage done.
yes he got to finish it in the end but we the viewers ended up with a slightly hampered show because of it.

its like they have no interest in the shows, the fans or the legacy of the show itself. they did the same thing to farscape, except this time they cancelled s5 leaving the show on a cliffhanger. if it was not for outrage of the fans and the mini series the entire show would have been ruined because there was no ending.

same thing stargate universe. would one more year to finish the story have been that much of a problem?

i know these shows are expensive and if the viewing figures are poor then i understand they have to make hard choices but when shows last for 4 years and at the final part of the story they get axed, it just destroys everything they did before.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-19-2011, 08:21 AM
A new B5 series or just a movie would be great. Sadly there were already so many failed tries I only believe it until I see it on my TV. For me it is the best SF-series ever which just didn't manage (because of several reasons) to get such a huge fan community/universe like the other franchises.

Maybe one day... maybe...
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-19-2011, 08:33 AM
I would like to see B5 Remastered, like what was done with the TOS, redo all the CGI with modern tech, add some more is possible, touch up any scenes which would benefit.

Would love to see the following with modern CGI

- The Long Twilight Struggle

Shadows destroying the Narn Fleet, Centari attack on Narn Homeworld.

- Severed Dreams

Battle for B5

- Into the Fire

Add more showing the Shadow vs Vorlon battle

- Endgame

Battle for earth, although this still looks very good.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-19-2011, 10:44 AM
I think a couple of TV movies might be a better way to go for the series, specifically dealing with both the Drahk and Telepath Wars, something we didn't get to see in either Bab 5 or Crusade. Considering it's been 10-15 years since the series ended, I think getting the original actors to play their characters in a new series would be difficult as 1) Many of them, like every other actor from 90s era series, is getting on in years and 2) In the case of the actors for G'Kar and Dr. Franklin, they've gone "beyond the rim," as it were.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
http://trekmovie.com/2011/08/17/koen...tor-to-chekov/

I Don't know about you. but this is the greatest thing I've heard all day. I've gone through Babylon 5 so many times that I can't even remember. the series is truly a masterpiece of Science Fiction.

What are you thoughts on this?
nearly voided my bowels when i first saw that, but the update that said he wasnt made me upset.

I bloody love B5, season 5 looks pretty bad though so i am holding off on it since i am afraid it will soil my thoughts of it. season 4 ended perfectly and i will leave it at that for now.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by febostaf View Post
nearly voided my bowels when i first saw that, but the update that said he wasnt made me upset.

I bloody love B5, season 5 looks pretty bad though so i am holding off on it since i am afraid it will soil my thoughts of it. season 4 ended perfectly and i will leave it at that for now.
Well, unfortunately, it looks like he has denied the fact that he is in negotations for that. I have not yet seen ALL OF B5, but I sure as hell wouldn't mind there being more for me to watch in the future.

He actually stated on Twitter, in response to this:

@straczynski: Walter misspoke: I am not in negotiations with WB to develop more Babylon 5