Lt. Commander
# 1 Lifetime Stipend
08-17-2011, 11:00 AM
I would like to see 600 Day Reward LT Subbers (like myself) issued a small monthly stipend of C-Store Currency. The content in the C-Store is admittedly not required to enjoy STO, but I feel that the expansive scope of the C-Store was not honestly presented to early LT Subbers. I do not think LT Subbers are entitled to compensation mind (before I get flamed)...I would just prefer that we are compensated for LT Subbing to an P2P/F2P Hybrid MMO like STO. What do you all think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
I would like to see 600 Day Reward LT Subbers (like myself) issued a small monthly stipend of C-Store Currency. The content in the C-Store is admittedly not required to enjoy STO, but I feel that the expansive scope of the C-Store was not honestly presented to early LT Subbers. I do not think LT Subbers are entitled to compensation mind (before I get flamed)...I would just prefer that we are compensated for LT Subbing to an P2P/F2P Hybrid MMO like STO. What do you all think?
You aren't subbed to a P2P/F2P Hybrid MMO (yet!) so no, I don't feel us lifetimers are entitled to a stipend. You are subbed to a P2P MMO with an MT store.

You said it yourself - the content in the C-Store is not required to enjoy STO.

EDIT - Now, if someone wants to throw me some C-store points monthly prior to F2P, you won't hear me complain!
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Besides, if and when the game goes F2P we'll get that monthly stipand like you want. Reasoning for this is that's what they did for CO when it went F2P, those that had gotten a lifetime sub get so many credits (or whatever they are called now) each month.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Hmmm... some points as a 600 day/veteran reward? I'll take them! (Free C-Points doesn't influence my vow NOT to buy any Cryptic points as long as BO-/Inventory/Bank and Shipslots are per character :p ... or the romulans come out)
But a monthly stipend at 600 days[just for lifers]? Naah, imho that will stir more unrest than it's worth, i can do fine without it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Here's an idea. Wait for the game to go F2P (and it will, it's just a matter of time) and THEN ask for a monthly stipend of CP. We don't need it for 600 day Vet reward. Maybe a one-shot deal, sure, but not on a monthly basis.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't agree to the lifetime stipend. I spend $$$ all the time. It's away to support the researching/developing and paying their expenses. A free respec or accolade, or better more thropies to hang on the wall in the crew deck. I have so much that I want to show but limited. Hmm, I kinda like that ideal. I want them to be modivated by $$$ in creating new revised ships that players will purchase. We lifetimer benefit from not paying the monthly usage fee. I think we got a better deal in the long run. Right?
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-17-2011, 12:59 PM
ehe no we will go F2P soon enough and than we get this.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-17-2011, 01:00 PM
as a lifer im not against getting free stuff but looking at the big picture i would have to say no.

after 600 days or so most lifers will be playing the game for free, so to get points on top is pushing it. i think a one off amount added is a good idea but not every month.

if the game goes free to play soon then we will get free points then anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Have to agree with the if game goes F2P, then monthly stipend of free CP, but not until then. Wouldn't mind one of the rewards for 600 or 700 day vet rewards to be the liberated borg race, but there has to be something else for us lifers like the 400 day vet reward had the Captain's Yacht and Captain's Table. Maybe the reward should be Borg Interiors or some similar Borg related reward to go with the liberated Borg race reward.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Have to agree with the if game goes F2P, then monthly stipend of free CP, but not until then. Wouldn't mind one of the rewards for 600 or 700 day vet rewards to be the liberated borg race, but there has to be something else for us lifers like the 400 day vet reward had the Captain's Yacht and Captain's Table. Maybe the reward should be Borg Interiors or some similar Borg related reward to go with the liberated Borg race reward.
No to the liberated borg. It's one of the only thing we lifers still have that's ours and ours alone.