Lt. Commander
# 11
08-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
I would like to see 600 Day Reward LT Subbers (like myself) issued a small monthly stipend of C-Store Currency. The content in the C-Store is admittedly not required to enjoy STO, but I feel that the expansive scope of the C-Store was not honestly presented to early LT Subbers. I do not think LT Subbers are entitled to compensation mind (before I get flamed)...I would just prefer that we are compensated for LT Subbing to an P2P/F2P Hybrid MMO like STO. What do you all think?
I don't see that ever happening, reason being that if they started giving a monthly allowance of Cryptic Points then eventually Cryptic would start to lose money on the LTS players; fact is that those of us who bought their LTS before the game was released are playing for free right now....
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
No to the liberated borg. It's one of the only thing we lifers still have that's ours and ours alone.
If someone paid $300 for subscriptions, then they should get the same thing that lifers paid for $300. Not the lifetime subscription part, but if they have played for 600 days, then why are they not a lifer? If anyone has played for 600 or 700 days, then I am willing to call them an honorary lifer.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If someone paid $300 for subscriptions, then they should get the same thing that lifers paid for $300. Not the lifetime subscription part, but if they have played for 600 days, then why are they not a lifer? If anyone has played for 600 or 700 days, then I am willing to call them an honorary lifer.
you know there's a bigger difference than just the money, don't downplay it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
as a lifer im not against getting free stuff but looking at the big picture i would have to say no.

after 600 days or so most lifers will be playing the game for free, so to get points on top is pushing it. i think a one off amount added is a good idea but not every month.

if the game goes free to play soon then we will get free points then anyway.
I agree plus I think it should NOT be limited to just lifers if some one payed a sub for 600 days that's the same we paid to be lifers
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractism View Post
you know there's a bigger difference than just the money, don't downplay it.
What difference? I am a lifer with a Borg Captain as my main. I don't use the blue title since I don't want to use it. The only thing that I did over subscribers that have been for almost 600 days is I saw myself playing this game in 2 years time and thought it would be a good investment. I am actually playing the game for "free" right now. If other people want to be a Borg and don't have the ability to make a $300 payment, then they should be able to become a Borg.

The reason why I don't use the blue title is due to not wanting to have any part in lifer elitism and preventing subscribers that have played for 600 or 700 days is lifer elitism. If the devs have other plans for the veteran rewards, then that is fine. However, it would quiet down those players that advocate the liberated Borg race on the C-Store.

As far as the OP is concerned, I would be willing to accept a monthly stipend of Emblems. Everyone could use Emblems, but not everyone will use the C-Store. Either due to finances or morality.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Me don't agree. The Lifers who bought the lifetime during Beta have put a lot of faith in Cryptic and not knowing if this game would be still alive after 600 days. So imo, only Lifers should get the Liberated Borg stuff
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinnio View Post
Me don't agree. The Lifers who bought the lifetime during Beta have put a lot of faith in Cryptic and not knowing if this game would be still alive after 600 days. So imo, only Lifers should get the Liberated Borg stuff
I didn't say any thing about the Borg, I was agree to with Captain_Revo about C-points
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO_Mac
I didn't say any thing about the Borg, I was agree to with Captain_Revo about C-points
Oops, my bad, wanted to quote Starkaos
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinnio View Post
Oops, my bad, wanted to quote Starkaos
lol ......where cool
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
What difference? I am a lifer with a Borg Captain as my main. I don't use the blue title since I don't want to use it. The only thing that I did over subscribers that have been for almost 600 days is I saw myself playing this game in 2 years time and thought it would be a good investment. I am actually playing the game for "free" right now. If other people want to be a Borg and don't have the ability to make a $300 payment, then they should be able to become a Borg.

The reason why I don't use the blue title is due to not wanting to have any part in lifer elitism and preventing subscribers that have played for 600 or 700 days is lifer elitism. If the devs have other plans for the veteran rewards, then that is fine. However, it would quiet down those players that advocate the liberated Borg race on the C-Store.

As far as the OP is concerned, I would be willing to accept a monthly stipend of Emblems. Everyone could use Emblems, but not everyone will use the C-Store. Either due to finances or morality.
thank you, i could'nt afford the 300 down up front but i have had my subscription since launch plus have bought most c-store items, i figure it just goes to help the game, but i don't have a chance to get the liberated borg species, even though i want it. i think it would be nice for those of us who have held the subscribtion for 600 days to have the oppurtunity to aquire that.