Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
08-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
lifer elitism.
oh, stop that.

I used what little money I had to buy the lifetime sub during the first welcome back weekend instead of the less expensive pre-order lifetime sub time. if you want a game to be cheapened to the point of selling everything on the c-store then nobody gets any rewards for anything, including veteran rewards for 100 through 1000 and however much longer they plan for.

do you really want nothing to be special in this game?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
08-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractism View Post
oh, stop that.

I used what little money I had to buy the lifetime sub during the first welcome back weekend instead of the less expensive pre-order lifetime sub time. if you want a game to be cheapened to the point of selling everything on the c-store then nobody gets any rewards for anything, including veteran rewards for 100 through 1000 and however much longer they plan for.

do you really want nothing to be special in this game?
Where did I say put it on the C-Store? I specifically said put it as the 600 or 700 day vet reward. Any future vet reward is good IMO for the liberated borg race. My whole argument for it is that since subscribers have paid as much as lifers, then they should get the other bonuses for being a lifer and not everyone can shell out $300 at once for the lifetime subscription. Selling the liberated borg race for 1000, 2000, or even 3000 CP is not acceptable IMO. Everyone should be able to play the liberated borg race provided they put in the effort of $300.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
08-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Where did I say put it on the C-Store? I specifically said put it as the 600 or 700 day vet reward. Any future vet reward is good IMO for the liberated borg race. My whole argument for it is that since subscribers have paid as much as lifers, then they should get the other bonuses for being a lifer and not everyone can shell out $300 at once for the lifetime subscription. Selling the liberated borg race for 1000, 2000, or even 3000 CP is not acceptable IMO. Everyone should be able to play the liberated borg race provided they put in the effort of $300.
The liberated borg is an incentive to buy the lifetime sub. If everyone would get it anyway, why buy a lifetime sub at all ? They want you to buy one to have a lot of cash at once imo.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
08-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
The liberated borg is an incentive to buy the lifetime sub. If everyone would get it anyway, why buy a lifetime sub at all ? They want you to buy one to have a lot of cash at once imo.
People buy the lifetime subscription to only pay $300 for the game. I have been at another game for over 5 years now and others have been around longer. I never bought the lifetime subscription for the Captain's Table or the liberated borg captain. I doubt you won't find many lifers that bought the lifetime subscription for just the liberated borg and they would have bought the lifetime subscription even if there was no reward.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
08-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
People buy the lifetime subscription to only pay $300 for the game. I have been at another game for over 5 years now and others have been around longer. I never bought the lifetime subscription for the Captain's Table or the liberated borg captain. I doubt you won't find many lifers that bought the lifetime subscription for just the liberated borg and they would have bought the lifetime subscription even if there was no reward.
I can't speak for anyone else here but myself, but I have to say that the main reason that I bought my LTS was to not have to pay a monthly sub. Sure, I took a gamble, and there have been times when I would have kicked myself in my ***, but it was never (solely) for the LIb Borg captain.

To the idea of a 600+ day vet reward, I would be fine with it as long as we lifers get something extra when that milestone comes around. I don't mind sharing as long as the monthly subbers have to pay at least as much as we did.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
08-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I can't speak for anyone else here but myself, but I have to say that the main reason that I bought my LTS was to not have to pay a monthly sub. Sure, I took a gamble, and there have been times when I would have kicked myself in my ***, but it was never (solely) for the LIb Borg captain.

To the idea of a 600+ day vet reward, I would be fine with it as long as we lifers get something extra when that milestone comes around. I don't mind sharing as long as the monthly subbers have to pay at least as much as we did.
That is why I like how they did the 400 day vet reward. Access to the Captain's Table and a Captain's Yacht. So there should be some cool reward with the liberated Borg. Although if you mean an exclusive lifer reward, then it can lead down a slippery slope. Subscribers would ask for that and when the devs cave, then lifers want some other exclusive reward. If it is not cool enough, then that might lead to other problems.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
08-17-2011, 10:53 PM
CO does this for ALL "Gold" (pay) accounts because its part of the F2P hybrid system, and frankly it seems to work just fine (Especially when you want something that costs 480pts... now suddenly you're buying C-points you wouldn't have before)

Don't expect this to happen without a F2P hybrid model, and frankly I dont expect STO to go F2P at all when considering CBS Royalties would still need to be paid out, potentially blocking a F2P model.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
08-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
The liberated borg is an incentive to buy the lifetime sub. If everyone would get it anyway, why buy a lifetime sub at all ? They want you to buy one to have a lot of cash at once imo.
the whole point of a lifetime reward is to eventually play the game for free. thats why people would still buy them. the borg is a little cherry on top of your cake.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
08-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
That is why I like how they did the 400 day vet reward. Access to the Captain's Table and a Captain's Yacht. So there should be some cool reward with the liberated Borg. Although if you mean an exclusive lifer reward, then it can lead down a slippery slope. Subscribers would ask for that and when the devs cave, then lifers want some other exclusive reward. If it is not cool enough, then that might lead to other problems.
I should have been more clear. I did mean giving extra vet rewards for that milestone, not giving lifers a new "exclusive" perk. While it would be great to get more for the "blue names" (we WERE promised "more" was coming), I understand the slippery slope that that would entail.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
08-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
I don't agree to the lifetime stipend. I spend $$$ all the time. It's away to support the researching/developing and paying their expenses.
im going to have to agree with you there. we should all spend money on the c-store so they can keep adding new content and keeping the game alive. think of it as a donation to a company that really has the players happiness in mind. they are worth every penny.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 AM.