Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Quote:
ALL STAR TREK CONVENTIONS: (other than the Las Vegas Convention which is discussed below), are $350 for a table for the full convention (2 1/2 by 6 feet) and include two weekend general admissions to the convention. Set-Up times are available at the top of each convention website the last few weeks prior to the convention.
Source

A request to PWI,

As your own research people have probably realized, this game primarily attracts Star Trek fans. The playerbase is most likely composed of people who play this game because it is Star Trek.

If you invest in relatively cheap ways of marketing this game to communities of Star Trek fans, it would bring more dedicated subs. It would also target a demographic that would likely stick around, unlike casual mmo players.

So, having a convention presence is a good idea. It is something that Atari should have been doing for a long time.

Frankly, it is kind of embarrassing that STO does not have a convention presence when nearly every other form of Trek media does, along with several competing Trek games.

Please make it so. Our dev team would enjoy it, and it would benefit your bottom line.

-----------
Sto community, let's make this happen with our typical way. Click Nagus' link below, and let's flood their offices in fond celebration of Bjo Trimble.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-17-2011, 01:48 PM
ten forward, really? This thread is about Star Trek Online.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Sto community, let's make this happen with our typical way. Click Nagus' link below, and let's flood their offices in fond celebration of Bjo Trimble.
I would urge you guys not to "flood" anyone. It actually does not endear you and after a while folks just shut down and stop listening whenever these things happen.

*Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
ten forward, really? This thread is about Star Trek Online.
Any threads that try to go "Blue Plz" I am actually trying to not have on the forums. The forums are not to talk directly to any one specific person, it is the forum for the community of Star Trek Online. So "To the Marketing of..." would even make it off-topic.

10 Forward is my trying to compromise here... especially as these forums are worked on by Cryptic employees.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
I would urge you guys not to "flood" anyone. It actually does not endear you and after a while folks just shut down and stop listening whenever these things happen.
If you were talking about 1 person repeatedly sending emails I would agree. However I dont see how them getting lots of emails from lots of different people would be bad. Unless you dont think they actually want to hear feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If you were talking about 1 person repeatedly sending emails I would agree. However I dont see how them getting lots of emails from lots of different people would be bad. Unless you dont think they actually want to hear feedback.
It also worked for season 3 of TOS, as well as petitioning NASA to change the name of the first space shuttle from Constitution to Enterprise. It also worked for STO with the Chase Masterson campaign because Cryptic listened.

If we are being asked to not be a pesky community of grass-roots petition nerds... well, that is a seriously weird request to make of Trekkies.

We have a reputation to uphold.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
You know as well as I do Nagus that while you or I might only send one message there are many other that would be inclined to send many more, especially if they didn't get a quick response from the first one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Back to the spirit of the thread here, I do think showing the game at cons is an extremely good idea - if not with a booth, then with a time slot on stage so you could show the latest cool things added to the game. It also sounds pretty cheap. I ask - why not?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
I am pretty sure their is a third option and it has to do with pw representatives going "why are all these people complaining about our new acquisition"
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
I am pretty sure their is a third option and it has to do with pw representatives going "why are all these people complaining about our new acquisition"
Maybe that is a valid question that needs to be asked. The more PW knows the better they can help.