Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
08-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixtux View Post
So if your new computer is lagging out get a newer one. I bought mine in Feb 2008 (Q6600, 4GB) and it doesn't run slow so ....
/END
Wow, talk about up your own cloaca...

The problem is the game, we all know this, we have for some time, and people still abuse it, and choose to point and laugh at peoples machines rather than admitting they are wilfully and in full knowledge, abusing a known problem.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx

The problem is the game, we all know this, we have for some time, and people still abuse it, and choose to point and laugh at peoples machines rather than admitting they are wilfully and in full knowledge, abusing a known problem.
That part of my reply was a bit out of line. It was a quick reply since I had work. However, no abuse was intended in the match.

A lot of fleets spam NPCs, scrambles, and other sci abilities. While I generally frown on it's use I'm not going to tell people how to setup their characters, fleet or otherwise.

More importantly, it's up to Cryptic to balance scramble similar to RSP. It's a very effective and long AOE confuse that stacks and is pretty easy to abuse.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-23-2011, 08:15 AM
Quote:
That part of my reply was a bit out of line. It was a quick reply since I had work. However, no abuse was intended in the match.
I appreciate your candour. Not many people would admit to things like that. I withdraw my comments.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Just a FYI in that thread from the OP it is mentioned the animation has been toned down from that photo but it is still bigger than it is now.

I know a lot of people have issues with lag but thankfully I do not
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Quote:
If you don't like our team, sorry. We didn't plan the match, we randomly put the team together.

*EDIT
And 2 carriers where using SS3 and BoPs and the other was using FBP3 and fighters. So if your new computer is lagging out get a newer one. I bought mine in Feb 2008 (Q6600, 4GB) and it doesn't run slow so ....
/END

ADVICE: tell your healers and scis to heal the DPS'ers because you didn't do any damage.

The match in question. This fight wasn't nearly as bad as FS or TSI so I don't know why he's complaining. It was a good fight, they lost. Considering it was a pug fleet match. We just finished doing fed dailies and switched to our klinks.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...081720171.jpg/
While I agree your computer is not ancient nor in need of a replacement the general rule is that after about 6 months to a year your "behind" at least amongst techies whos hobbies is computers.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
If you don't like our team, sorry. We didn't plan the match, we randomly put the team together.

*EDIT
And 2 carriers where using SS3 and BoPs and the other was using FBP3 and fighters. So if your new computer is lagging out get a newer one. I bought mine in Feb 2008 (Q6600, 4GB) and it doesn't run slow so ....
/END

ADVICE: tell your healers and scis to heal the DPS'ers because you didn't do any damage.

The match in question. This fight wasn't nearly as bad as FS or TSI so I don't know why he's complaining. It was a good fight, they lost. Considering it was a pug fleet match. We just finished doing fed dailies and switched to our klinks.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...081720171.jpg/
Perhaps you don't know how carriers work. "You" didn't do any damage, your BoPs and fighters did. "You" didn't kill anyone, your BoPs and fighters did. Also, Who on your team was the healer? Because it seemed to me that we had one person on our team with over 1M healing. Pressing RSF over and over hardly counts as a heal so good luck with that one. Also, nice job on using a tactic that was deemed "unreasonable" some time ago by the PVP community. I don't know one premade that goes out into a match thinking that 3 carriers, regardless of what they are using is at all fair. This was not a "good fight" this was utterly dumb and a waste of time. That was not a "pug" in the sense you're thinking, it was a group of friends...perhaps you should get some with some real skill instead of sitting behind the helm of a carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-23-2011, 09:32 AM
I currently use torpedo spread on a number of my characters is the new version of the skill likely to be frowned upon in a similar manor to beam FAW and Peng’s for example.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx

Since the person your quoted apologized i will say this. If the min requirements for this game has changed cryptic needs to post it. The min requirements allow you to enjoy the game with as little of the window dressing and eye candy as possible to maximize performance. If this performance now exceeds said min requirements cryptic needs to publish said fact. Now if cryptic is going to stand by their min requirements then they need to clean up the game so that min requirements can handel the game. Now I have a PC that well exceeds the min requirements UI Lag should not affect me but it does.

Windows 7 64bit
AMD PHenom II X 4
NVIDIA GTX 470
16 GB OF DDR3
Max Temp of CPU reaches is 53 degrees
Max Temp of GPU reaches is 65 degrees
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 View Post
Perhaps you don't know how carriers work. "You" didn't do any damage, your BoPs and fighters did. "You" didn't kill anyone, your BoPs and fighters did. Also, Who on your team was the healer? Because it seemed to me that we had one person on our team with over 1M healing. Pressing RSF over and over hardly counts as a heal so good luck with that one. Also, nice job on using a tactic that was deemed "unreasonable" some time ago by the PVP community. I don't know one premade that goes out into a match thinking that 3 carriers, regardless of what they are using is at all fair. This was not a "good fight" this was utterly dumb and a waste of time. That was not a "pug" in the sense you're thinking, it was a group of friends...perhaps you should get some with some real skill instead of sitting behind the helm of a carrier.
Actually it was an awesome battle . What i make of ur post is basicaly admitting how sore loosers you guys can be .Its kind of sad realy because i hold great respect for you yourself as well as your fleet.
Its ironic to complain about our pug fleet team and our cruisers when there are fleets out there that are on a constant search of exploiting the game mechanics and brag about it or directly/indirectly aprove cheating and unintended gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Well, as a person who gets a lot of lag playing STO, I'm not looking forward to the new graphic for TS.
There should be a disclaimer on the STO box that Nvidea card users might as well go play something else.
I guess we'll have to wait & see what happens when the change goes to tribble.
Also, congratulations guys, only 3 pages until we got to "your fleet sucks because of X" argument., which had nothing to do with the OP.
I love the PVP forums.
Closed Thread