Lt. Commander
# 11
08-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
A broadsiding ship would utilize all of your weapons so that could be said to be an efficient weaponbuild.
Only if you're in-capable of facing a target for the majority of a fight, otherwise it is less efficient - and an Engineer in a Vor'Cha should have little trouble facing a target for the majority of a fight unless they're focussing on tanking and/or healing.

So, as I have said, it depends on the situation, and if the OP is more interested in PVE and is using beams, then certainly switching to a mix of beams and cannons will give him/her a fairly large increase in DPS.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the wanderfull feedback. At this point, I play pvp whenever possible, dailies for emblems and stf's once or twice a week.

I am most intrigued by the cannon/beam build idea. This being my first kdf captain to make LG I havent tried cannons on a cruisar other than the Dread and it needs an entire solar system to turn around so that didnt work. I do understand weapon power directly affects weapon dps and I have successfully done a beam boat on the fed side.

I think I will try the setup that Vampiric suggested. 2x Dual Cannons, 2x Beam Array / 2x Beam Array / 2x turrets.

I will test it on Tribble to save a respec token in case its a flop. And I will post feedback incase anyone else is interested.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitron72003 View Post
I think I will try the setup that Vampiric suggested. 2x Dual Cannons, 2x Beam Array / 2x Beam Array / 2x turrets.
For PVP (and I would argue PVE) this setup is horrible. Again, for PVP, cruisers use 8 beams or go home. The cannon skills are not high enough and you will have great trouble keeping enemies in your arc. But, its your game and youre welcome to try, but keep that in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-19-2011, 11:33 AM
if you want to use 8 beams you might as well use a negvar imo
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitron72003 View Post
Thanks to everyone for all the wanderfull feedback. At this point, I play pvp whenever possible, dailies for emblems and stf's once or twice a week.

I am most intrigued by the cannon/beam build idea. This being my first kdf captain to make LG I havent tried cannons on a cruisar other than the Dread and it needs an entire solar system to turn around so that didnt work. I do understand weapon power directly affects weapon dps and I have successfully done a beam boat on the fed side.

I will test it on Tribble to save a respec token in case its a flop. And I will post feedback incase anyone else is interested.

Thanks
I strongly advise against you using cannons on a cruiser as an engineer, going beam-heavy (6, 7 or 8 beams) is a much better option for you. It will save on skill points and you'll be able to more effectively use your BOs.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
if you want to use 8 beams you might as well use a negvar imo
Yes, which is exactly why the Vorcha is totally useless. Anything it does can be done better by another ship (cannons - Raptor [which is terrible as well], beam - Neghvar, healing - Orion). It should have had a LTC or even COMM tactical to be a better damage ship at the expense of survivability.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Yes, which is exactly why the Vorcha is totally useless. Anything it does can be done better by another ship (cannons - Raptor [which is terrible as well], beam - Neghvar, healing - Orion). It should have had a LTC or even COMM tactical to be a better damage ship at the expense of survivability.
the vorcha does do an ok job being a single cannon/turret boat. its great turn rate allows for the lower arc single cannons to work. but like i said you will have to pay a lot more attention to your flying and attacking at the expense of your attention to team supporting then a fire and forget beam cruiser heal boat. i like to pub cap and holds and duel in a dps vorcha like that, it can be fun to fly
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
But it looks so cool
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Well i fly a Vor'Cha refit as tac captain. And i like it very much. Its pretty fast and nimble for a cruiser and has lots of firepower.

Right now i field 2 mk11 cannons and 2 mk10 heavy dual dual cannons front
and 4 mk11 turrets aft.

PvE is insane easy with it and i can hold my own in PvP as well.

But then i'm weird i find the ships more balanced if the captain is NOT the same class as most of the BOFF stations on a ship. Makes for a rounder all around ship i feel. Sure a eng in a cruiser is mor etanky then me, and a tac in a raptor has more firepower and a sci in a varanus is more annoying.
Only real weak side of a vor'cha i feel is science, just two powers to slot. You will always run into a blind spot in pvp with that, unless you are a sci captain and can compensate for it.

Besides it just looks nice, especially with the reman shield
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Vorcha can be funny ship to fly but only for PUGs. Its nice ship with better turn rate than on Neghvar. Neghvar is still like one big wood block and i think that is why we can see many Vorchas on PVPs.
I put my ENG is this ship so I can perform the support role. I can heal ppl with ES 2, Aux2sif 3, ET, HE 1, TSS, AP Delta 1, TT etc...and I still can do not bad dmg with EP2W 2 and HY 1.
6 SB + 2 DBB or 6-7 + 2 or 1 Quantums is good idea but cannons + turrets on Vorcha its big mistake.