Lt. Commander
# 21
08-18-2011, 12:28 PM
I remember reading somewhere that they said that they are transferring the Atari Points to Cryptic Points (which it was at launch), at a 1:1 ratio, however I can not find the source. Something tells me that they will not inadvertently let customers who paid for those tokens loose them, it would be very bad face for any company. If you are worried about potentially loosing them, I would suggest using them. However, I for one, am not worried about loosing them.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-18-2011, 12:29 PM
It will be interesting to see if they convert Cryptic Points into PWE "Zen" later... simply because in PWE games, you can convert in-game currency into Zen.

This has both its good and bad points.

The possibility of this then suggesting CO and STO in-game currency could become C-points (Zen) is nice.

The flip side is, there are several PWE games in which the currency conversion seems to offer a better Zen per hour of playtime conversion than others (and possibly better than STO/CO, should that feature be added), and could mean we get Grind-happy in other PWE games simply to buy C-Store items... or worse, STO/CO gamers turning to PWE game goldfarmers for in-game currency that is cheaper to buy and covert to Zen than simply buying Zen directly from PWE...

Going to be quite an interesting ride!
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateD
I remember reading somewhere that they said that they are transferring the Atari Points to Cryptic Points (which it was at launch), at a 1:1 ratio, however I can not find the source. Something tells me that they will not inadvertently let customers who paid for those tokens loose them, it would be very bad face for any company. If you are worried about potentially loosing them, I would suggest using them. However, I for one, am not worried about loosing them.
Well, considering the original change of C-Points to Atari Tokens was 1:1, they'd be phasering off their own foot to do it in any ratio less than 1:1.

The question of what happens with Atarit Tokens if you play other Atari games is a trickier one, and that one does deserve some attention. But I think Atari would best be ablet o answer that.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Excellent stuff!
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Here's a question that I haven't seen addressed yet.

Will PW accelerate any plans to add more localizations for STO?
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-18-2011, 12:47 PM
<snip, don't want to have false info here>

disclaimer: i care more about how the Situation is handled... i don't actually want my points to stay Atari Tokens
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-18-2011, 12:49 PM
What happens to my Atari account? I only ever made a Cryptic account, but it got ported over to Atari apparently... so what happens to it?
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Great and from our point of view, looks to be a seamless transition. Great job. I do have one question and/or concerns with the changes:
The Privacy Policy will be changed/updated.

I'd personally like a little more clarification on the changes. Is it going to be the simple, replace Atari and Cryptic have access to all of your information you provided, to Perfect Worlds and Cryptic have access to all of your informatio? Or is it going to be along the lines of adding that line plus, and we will provide all of your information to all of our other subsidiaries and send you offers we think you might like or will make us lots of money off you?

I only ask because I have used many F2P companies, including PWE, and most including PWE enjoy making money off of your information. So I'd like to know if that is going to be the upcoming case here. If so, I will have to update my account information, etc. I have no personal problems with this model, other then the annoyance factor. But need to know up front, what kind of security risks this may subject my information too.

Other then that. Great job.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Game Development Increase?
08-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Will there be an increase in game dev staff as cryptic is part of perfect world which would lead to an increase in speed of which game updates are tested and released?
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Congratulations to the team on a well done transition and keeping us well informed in the process.

May it bring new prosperity, a larger team, and a bigger budget to the game.