Lt. Commander
# 1 SOL lightning borked since S4.
08-19-2011, 10:26 AM
SInce Season 4 the lightning in SOL is borked. Earth has a weird moving shadow on it. When will this all be fixed? Also our ships look a little dull in SOL around ESD. Perhaps it has something to do with each other? Devs?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-21-2011, 04:23 PM
The last thread on this is now 6-pages-under, so yes, I agree. It was disappointing the first time the Devs ignored it, so thanks for reposting.

It seems pretty daft that one of the single most important hubs of the game still hasnt been fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-21-2011, 04:55 PM
It's not just Sol, some other planets I've flown around (northern side) have the same issue.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-21-2011, 05:25 PM
It like to add upon this that the lightning reflected on ships floating around SOL are a little dull somehow. If you look at other systems like K7, your ship looks more lively colored. Especially when having Borg Gear on.

When your in SOL, it looks like Green Army Drab. Is this somehow related to 'Bloom' or something? Ive seen developers talk about it earlier.

I think the lightning overall is just messed up in SOL rather then just the planet itself. :-/
I mean, the sun is shining, the earth/moon emit light. The starbase itself seems to be fine though, because it looks beautiful with your Lightning settings on high.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-24-2011, 10:07 AM
/signed on the Earth atmosphere vanishing.

lighting looks fine in SOL sector

K-7 sector looks way to bright,
also green space background without stars looks stupid and is wrong by canon

compare:

space is black with a few white dots
http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com...ytruce_r08.jpg

green cloud, asteroids and planet? whut?
http://img.trekmovie.com/images/sto/K-7.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
SInce Season 4 the lightning in SOL is borked. Earth has a weird moving shadow on it. When will this all be fixed? Also our ships look a little dull in SOL around ESD. Perhaps it has something to do with each other? Devs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
The last thread on this is now 6-pages-under, so yes, I agree. It was disappointing the first time the Devs ignored it, so thanks for reposting.

It seems pretty daft that one of the single most important hubs of the game still hasnt been fixed.
This.

Sol needs to be fixed
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-24-2011, 12:09 PM
I'll look into this. Sorry, I missed the other post. A screen shot of what is off would really help.
I'll keep you updated
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Wall
I'll look into this. Sorry, I missed the other post. A screen shot of what is off would really help.
I'll keep you updated
Yeah Sol is really off since season 4 is a very dark looking earth nothing like it was before during S-3
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
I actually think in SOL, in the area where you go back to your ship (at least), the shadows are not cast consistently with the displayed light source, been like that for a while.

It's a little too high and to the left, hard to explain, but you'll see what I mean if you are beneath some ships, look at your shadows and flip your cam view round and you'll see it doesn't match the direction of the visual light source,

just my 2 cents
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Wall
I'll keep you updated
hah! i just made one, nice timing

i think this could be related to LOD, because when i get to the end of the map it looks fine

compare
a bit further away (looks just fine):
http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/h25j...0824211352.jpg

a bit closer (pure destruction):
http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/rksz...0824211407.jpg