Lt. Commander
Perfect World's acquisition of Cryptic Studios is complete! This is great news for Cryptic and we couldn't be happier.

We have exciting announcements queued up for the near future, too announcements that may even detail significant improvements to our existing products and shed light on games we still have in development... Lots of awesome things are right around the corner!

But what about right-now-this-second-now-now?

Well, right now we'd like to reassure our fans and players that it's basically business as usual for us and you. Things are changing and changing for the better but the immediate changes we need to make to complete our separation from Atari and our integration into Perfect World are virtually all cosmetic. For example, Atari Tokens will shortly become Cryptic Points (incidentally, some may recall they were originally called Cryptic Points long ago). There's a lot happening on our back-end to facilitate that kind of change, but from an everyday user's perspective, it mostly just comes down to names and icons.

Of course, we'll provide exact details on the exact changes we make in the near future. As it stands, we're planning to roll out across-the-board separation work on August 18th, but some components are trickling out even now based on the needs of our game teams and their builds.

In short: There shouldn't be any inconvenience to our players, we're moving forward with a lot of great improvements to our games, more details will come soon, and we'll publish exactly what we do and how it impacts you all as it happens.

P.S. : We're Hiring!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I looked at your job page... none of them clearly allow for long-distance work
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the update Wishy, and while there are many questions we all have, we look forward to the changes and the updates.
Best of luck to the team.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Perfect World's acquisition of Cryptic Studios is complete! This is great news for Cryptic and we couldn't be happier.

*Starts dancing*

"Can you fell a brand new day"

(Yay Family Guy)
Lt. Commander
# 5 Just Curious Wishy....
08-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Do they let you write this stuff (after they say... here's the general idea of the message) or do they give you a scripted response?

I like to think you get to write it in your style becuase it always comes out as caring and somewhat playful. If it is ghostwritten.... then you have a decent ghosewriter!
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:

We have exciting announcements queued up for the near future, too announcements that may even detail significant improvements to our existing products and shed light on games we still have in development... Lots of awesome things are right around the corner!

Well, right now we'd like to reassure our fans and players that it's basically business as usual for us and you. Things are changing and changing for the better but the immediate changes we need to make to complete our separation from Atari and our integration into Perfect World are virtually all cosmetic. For example, Atari Tokens will shortly become Cryptic Points (incidentally, some may recall they were originally called Cryptic Points long ago). There's a lot happening on our back-end to facilitate that kind of change, but from an everyday user's perspective, it mostly just comes down to names and icons.

Of course, we'll provide exact details on the exact changes we make in the near future. As it stands, we're planning to roll out across-the-board separation work on August 18th, but some components are trickling out even now based on the needs of our game teams and their builds.

In short: There shouldn't be any inconvenience to our players, we're moving forward with a lot of great improvements to our games, more details will come soon, and we'll publish exactly what we do and how it impacts you all as it happens.

I would love to work for Cryptic as I do alot of artwork...but alas; you don't allow for commuting...heheheheheh.
Glad to hear everything is hunky-dory... I just hope that the 'leg up' model common to most eastern MMO's will not become a part of STO it's already bad enough with the bot farmers offering energy credits and such in game for RL cash. I wonder when the Perfect World screen will come up on the new launching screen.... do you know and what does it look like?...I do not play eastern MMO's so I don't know.

BTW...give me some details of what is coming soon...a new honor cloak or fingerless gloves for the KDF?... I have some smashed cookies for you if you can answer my question....
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:

JUST PLEASE DON'T GO and use the F2P (Free to play) model which Perfect World is known for........ for Star Trek Online......
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Perfect World's acquisition of Cryptic Studios is complete!
There shouldn't be any inconvenience to our players,
Yes there will be inconvenience!!!
Because there will HAVE to be a maintanence and patch shutdown to change the Atari Logo from my game load screen, into a Perfect World Logo!!!
Although, it will be a Welcomed change!
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-11-2011, 09:45 AM
You rock Wishy! *Hands you some hot chocolate*
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
BTW...give me some details of what is coming soon...a new honor cloak or fingerless gloves for the KDF?... I have some smashed cookies for you if you can answer my question....
The ask cryptic is due out today. I'm preety sure Dan has a lot to say.