Lt. Commander
# 331
08-30-2011, 10:00 PM
I find Your solution to be a fair compromise, I no longer feel like I have been bamboozled...

I'm still a bit wary, but Thank You to the Cryptic Dev's.

And thank you to everyone else who helped with your comments and support in this thread.

It does seem that if enough of this STO minority speaks out, their voices will be heard.

Lt. Commander
# 332
08-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
I find Your solution to be a fair compromise, I no longer feel like I have been bamboozled...

I'm still a bit wary, but Thank You to the Cryptic Dev's.

And thank you to everyone else who helped with your comments and support in this thread.

It does seem that if enough of this STO minority speaks out, their voices will be heard.

And now it's time to change your sig...
Lt. Commander
# 333
08-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Thankyou very much for looking into this issue and coming up with a solution that 'almost' everyone is happy with. While I know even this will not please everyone, I am very happy with the result. Thankyou :-)
Lt. Commander
# 334
08-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
So we reviewed things further and listened to your thoughts. The solution I proposed earlier today (TOS Phasers from Connie: Unique and leveless; TOS Phasers from Devidian Series: Unique and Marked) is really the preferred design.

But things donít always happen as planned. Some bugs went out, and some mistakes were made. The deleted duplicates were an unexpected result that we didnít anticipate, and we apologize for the inconvenience. So we are going to make another change that hopefully should make everyone happy. This is what we are going to do:

TOS Phasers from Connie: One Critical Chance Enhancement, and leveles and changed to No longer Unique.
TOS Phasers from Devidian Arc: One Critical Chance Enhancement and ADD One Damage Enhancement (BLUE quality), Marked/leveled and also No longer Unique.

So now you can claim as many Green Quality leveless TOS Phasers from the Connie, but if you want better TOS Phasers (that are Marked), you will need to get them from the Devidian Arc.

Hopefully, this will satisfy everyone.

This is exactly what I was hoping for! Thank you CaptainGeko!!!!

Jolan'tru!
Lt. Commander
# 335
08-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Quote:
So we reviewed things further and listened to your thoughts. The solution I proposed earlier today (TOS Phasers from Connie: Unique and leveless; TOS Phasers from Devidian Series: Unique and Marked) is really the preferred design.

But things donít always happen as planned. Some bugs went out, and some mistakes were made. The deleted duplicates were an unexpected result that we didnít anticipate, and we apologize for the inconvenience. So we are going to make another change that hopefully should make everyone happy. This is what we are going to do:

TOS Phasers from Connie: One Critical Chance Enhancement, and leveles and changed to No longer Unique.
TOS Phasers from Devidian Arc: One Critical Chance Enhancement and ADD One Damage Enhancement (BLUE quality), Marked/leveled and also No longer Unique.

So now you can claim as many Green Quality leveless TOS Phasers from the Connie, but if you want better TOS Phasers (that are Marked), you will need to get them from the Devidian Arc.

Thank you very much, a wonderful solution and one everybody can accept. Still it was unpleasent that the issue was running for quite a while with silence from the dev side, but this sounds like a plan. Buying C-Points may become an option again after this issue is really fixed.

Also...

Quote:
The Connie ones are still listed as Blue because they still have the one Crit Chance Enhancement, but they are also leveless, so that, in our opinion, qualifies them as Blue. ..
... is an awesome info for everybody who has a question about the rarity damage bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 336
08-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Yep, thanks. That's the best possible solution.
Lt. Commander
# 337
08-31-2011, 01:41 AM
Quote:

Thank you very much Captain Geko. Your solution is elegant, motivating and acceptable. +5 Reputation
Lt. Commander
# 338
08-31-2011, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
IIRC, the TOS Connie's phasers were blue quality.

So the Devidian phasers stay the same, TOS Connie phases get a nerf, but both are no longer unique.

EDIT: Just verified that the TOS Connie's retrofit phasers are indeed blue quality currently, where by this design, they will be nerfed to green quality.
The current TOS Constitution phasers are only green (uncommon) quality with only having a single mod, the +2 crit chance mod. They are blue only in that the icon for them as blue (i.e. represented in the UI as blue), and well, that they shoot blue beams.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=309
Lt. Commander
# 339
08-31-2011, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Why not both blue, with the Devidians getting one with a Damage buff, and the Connie ones getting an Accuracy buff? That way you have to have bought the connie to get a mix of buffs? I say this without owning the connie because I dislike spending money and getting green stuff. C-store stuff should never be very rare or overshadow in game stuff, but it should be equal to blue rarity of the same mark.
The phasers from the Constitution should not be improved.
Lt. Commander
# 340
08-31-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:

I'm satisfied. Thanks.
Closed Thread