Lt. Commander
# 341
08-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
So we reviewed things further and listened to your thoughts. The solution I proposed earlier today (TOS Phasers from Connie: Unique and leveless; TOS Phasers from Devidian Series: Unique and Marked) is really the preferred design.

But things donít always happen as planned. Some bugs went out, and some mistakes were made. The deleted duplicates were an unexpected result that we didnít anticipate, and we apologize for the inconvenience. So we are going to make another change that hopefully should make everyone happy. This is what we are going to do:

TOS Phasers from Connie: One Critical Chance Enhancement, and leveles and changed to No longer Unique.
TOS Phasers from Devidian Arc: One Critical Chance Enhancement and ADD One Damage Enhancement (BLUE quality), Marked/leveled and also No longer Unique.

So now you can claim as many Green Quality leveless TOS Phasers from the Connie, but if you want better TOS Phasers (that are Marked), you will need to get them from the Devidian Arc.

Hopefully, this will satisfy everyone.
I am very happy with this!
Lt. Commander
# 342 Awesome!
08-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Way to come through, Gecko.

Any chance that we can get a retrofit version of the dual phaser beam bank, for thise of us who don't use all arrays? Maybe in a future FE series?

As for reward things no longer being levelless, I was initially upset at the Night of the Comet phasers being changed... until I saw how much better the level specific ones were. Worth the annoyance of the bar fight bug, to be sure! I now with my most recent character went back every ten levels. Since I was originally using the TOS pack phasers for standard landing party duty, I might do it a few more times, to get more of thre level xi ones.

The change to make the mission reward retrofits better sounds like it will be similarly worth it. I'll be sure to look at them at very least! (I already redid that mission for the Dmgx2 arrays, anyway.)
Lt. Commander
# 343
08-31-2011, 10:18 AM
You've gone a step ahead than I think necessary but honestly, thank you CaptainGeko and you guys in general. The way I see it, the whole bug/issue only made to bring us blues up to par.

Thanks again. Maybe you could look into more retro stuff in the future?
Lt. Commander
# 344
08-31-2011, 10:31 AM
It's good to hear you've stuck by the loyal player-base who've paid extra for a system many of them (including myself) have been using for the past year.

Thanks Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 345
08-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Yay, we can keep out retro phasers!

Well done Cryptic, you have done the right thing

Now all you need to do is sort out your testing so it does not affect release dates
Lt. Commander
# 346
08-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Very nice resolution CaptainGeko/Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 347
08-31-2011, 12:07 PM
I approve of this resolution. Thank you, Captain Gecko.
Lt. Commander
# 348
08-31-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
...The deleted duplicates were an unexpected result that we didnít anticipate, and we apologize for the inconvenience. So we are going to make another change that hopefully should make everyone happy. This is what we are going to do:

TOS Phasers from Connie: One Critical Chance Enhancement, and leveles and changed to No longer Unique.
TOS Phasers from Devidian Arc: One Critical Chance Enhancement and ADD One Damage Enhancement (BLUE quality), Marked/leveled and also No longer Unique. ...
That, to my way of thinking, is the perfect solution. Thank you for looking into this for us and providing not only a solution, but also the apology for the difficulty of the phasers vanishing when going into combat thing.
Lt. Commander
# 349
08-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
So we reviewed things further and listened to your thoughts. The solution I proposed earlier today (TOS Phasers from Connie: Unique and leveless; TOS Phasers from Devidian Series: Unique and Marked) is really the preferred design.

But things donít always happen as planned. Some bugs went out, and some mistakes were made. The deleted duplicates were an unexpected result that we didnít anticipate, and we apologize for the inconvenience. So we are going to make another change that hopefully should make everyone happy. This is what we are going to do:

TOS Phasers from Devidian Arc: One Critical Chance Enhancement and ADD One Damage Enhancement (BLUE quality), Marked/leveled and also No longer Unique.

So now you can claim as many Green Quality leveless TOS Phasers from the Connie, but if you want better TOS Phasers (that are Marked), you will need to get them from the Devidian Arc.

Ha! This is great news. Thanks for letting us know your changing it. Can't wait to get the blue beam boat going again.
Lt. Commander
# 350
08-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:

AL I think the best solution in this case was to leave well enough alone :p
Closed Thread