Lt. Commander
I noticed this today as well, went in to a mission and then realized one of my damn phasers are gone... not cool at all, where on earth did they get the idea to make any item unique???

I mean, it is plain illogical to do so, if the reward for a mission is unique why will you replay it ever again??? it is better to NOT make items unique! If I like a certain item and I want it for all my ships/boffs, why not let me play a mission over and over and reward me each time with the item of my choosing!

I understand that some consoles must be unique, but only unique per ship, NOT per character! luckily they at least fixed that with the borg console!

But why why why did they make ship weapons unique?

They did the same to ground items/weapons for some of the missions, I hate this, really annoying!

They are just causing people like me to play the game less, well ok, I am a life timer, so they really don't care if I play or not ^^

I REALLY HOPE THIS CHANGES! AND SOON!
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKE47
But why why why did they make ship weapons unique?
DStahl pointed out that he has a group of internal testers and this crack unit of detail oriented employees were able to determine that the Rhode Island was balanced versus the Nova. His own words:

Quote:
Luckily I can rely on the systems team and our own internal testers to also offer solid feedback on the designs (which they do rather vocally) and we then come to a decision
So I would just assume it is this very same group of amazing testers who missed this little detail.

Now who is responsible for not even announcing this change in the patch notes? That would probably fall on the shoulders of the employee that puts out the patch notes.

Still, the team responsible for making sure this fun little change got done, would be those internal testers. They rock. Because for over a year now, this game has had some serious gaps in the details.
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
DStahl pointed out that he has a group of internal testers and this crack unit of detail oriented employees were able to determine that the Rhode Island was balanced versus the Nova. His own words:

So I would just assume it is this very same group of amazing testers who missed this little detail.

Now who is responsible for not even announcing this change in the patch notes? That would probably fall on the shoulders of the employee that puts out the patch notes.

Still, the team responsible for making sure this fun little change got done, would be those internal testers. They rock. Because for over a year now, this game has had some serious gaps in the details.
I assure you, top men are working on the case.

... Top Men
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-20-2011, 12:29 PM
You know, I was one of the folks to pick up the Connie for the blue phasers, mainly because I thought they'd look cool on the Excelsior (I don't use them often, because they suck, but that was why I bought them, at the same time I bought the Excelsior actually). Long before I did this it had been mentioned by the developers that you could get and use more phasers from that ship, this was specifically used as a contrast when the Dividian series came out and the similar reward phasers were offered. No one suggested this was an "exploit." Which stands to reason since the Phasers only have one bonus and their DPS is worse than at par weapons (the non-scaling ones that come stock on your ships are usually better, and green ones, like from the Exploration Badges, are absolutely so).

Might be nice if someone from the dev team could acknowledge this change, and whether or not it was intentional, and why it was left out of the patch notes.
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
You know, I was one of the folks to pick up the Connie for the blue phasers, mainly because I thought they'd look cool on the Excelsior (I don't use them often, because they suck, but that was why I bought them, at the same time I bought the Excelsior actually). Long before I did this it had been mentioned by the developers that you could get and use more phasers from that ship, this was specifically used as a contrast when the Dividian series came out and the similar reward phasers were offered. No one suggested this was an "exploit." Which stands to reason since the Phasers only have one bonus and their DPS is worse than at par weapons (the non-scaling ones that come stock on your ships are usually better, and green ones, like from the Exploration Badges, are absolutely so).

Might be nice if someone from the dev team could acknowledge this change, and whether or not it was intentional, and why it was left out of the patch notes.
Exactly, the optics are the only good thing and I think the main selling point of the Phasers/Connie. I even used them when I noticed that the Aft Phasers stop shooting while a Beam Overload is active, only because they look damn good. Mixing them with normal weapons is definitly not an option.

This has to be a bug, which doesn't make the situation better, but at least we can hope.
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-20-2011, 09:42 PM
I managed to get 3 blue phasers, and put them all on my intrepid, 2 front, one rear
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Jon_George View Post
I managed to get 3 blue phasers, and put them all on my intrepid, 2 front, one rear
And have you taken that into combat?

Acquiring them doesn't seem to be an issue. However when you enter combat apparently all but one front and one rear phaser will disappear.
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-20-2011, 10:13 PM
A friend just brought this to my attention. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who couldn't find the change in the patch notes. What boggles me is that those who have multiples equipped don't know the change happened until already in combat. Then *POOF* empty weapons slots. Unintended I expect. But cruel nonetheless.

I would like some clarification on the change myself.
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
And have you taken that into combat?

Acquiring them doesn't seem to be an issue. However when you enter combat apparently all but one front and one rear phaser will disappear.
It is possible, I also had 3 left. 1 front and 1 aft from the TOS Connie and a front Phaser from the Devidian mission. Maybe this way you can get 4 weapons to work if you also use the Devidian Aft Phaser.

And you don't have to be in a combat situation, I started at the Battlegroup and transwarped to ESD and they were gone.

P.S. Just realized the Devidian Phaser I used was the old one that also leveled with you, don't know if it works with the new MK X weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-21-2011, 03:00 PM
I am not happy.

I defend this game alot and if I do have a issue with something I'll use constructive criticism.

So what was the point of this? After the flames roaring inthe RI thread the ship is released as is. But there's no flames regarding the ToS phasers, if there was an exploit the PvPers would have found it and grabbed the pitchforks.

So is the Connie worth 800 Cryptic Points now? No. It's now just a ship skin with some blue phasers that you can now get in game anyway. Talk about devaluing your own product.

I'm not going to unsubscribe as I do love the game, but I will not bother with the C-store once this new currency comes in.

The CHOICE has been withdrawn from many STO players who enjoy using the ToS phasers and it really is a bad move.
Closed Thread