08-21-2011, 05:04 PM
still no dev comment?
Lt. Commander
# 52
08-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperus
I am not happy.

I defend this game alot and if I do have a issue with something I'll use constructive criticism.

So what was the point of this? After the flames roaring inthe RI thread the ship is released as is. But there's no flames regarding the ToS phasers, if there was an exploit the PvPers would have found it and grabbed the pitchforks.
hey, we have only so much rage available, and this change mostly affects a small subset of players - those that own the TOS Constitution and equip its blue phasers on other ships.
But a potential pay-to-win move is pretty significant.

But I am right there with you that this isn't okay either. There is not a single balance reason for this change. The blue phasers are not particularly powerful - they are just regular phasers that fire blue instead of red.
This c hange is pretty ridicilious, especially when you compare it to the Hargh'Peng that's not unique despite being a special proptotype weapon wth questionable game balance.

I am not sure if it was actually aimed at the phasers, or it was just something else that was bugfixed here, but it is still a pretty nasty consequence that should not have been overlooked. And needs to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 53
08-22-2011, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
hey, we have only so much rage available, and this change mostly affects a small subset of players - those that own the TOS Constitution and equip its blue phasers on other ships.
But a potential pay-to-win move is pretty significant.

But I am right there with you that this isn't okay either. There is not a single balance reason for this change. The blue phasers are not particularly powerful - they are just regular phasers that fire blue instead of red.
This c hange is pretty ridicilious, especially when you compare it to the Hargh'Peng that's not unique despite being a special proptotype weapon wth questionable game balance.

I am not sure if it was actually aimed at the phasers, or it was just something else that was bugfixed here, but it is still a pretty nasty consequence that should not have been overlooked. And needs to be fixed.
I in no way meant any disrespect towards PvPers, in fact I meant the complete opposite in that PvPers test the game to death and would have let the rest of the playerbase know if there was an unfair advantage. The PvPers seem to be a very vocal part of the community and that's not a bad thing.

Peace
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-22-2011, 05:14 AM
This is a stealth nerf (an unannounced change). That deserves the rage of the playerbase. It's a change made to the game that the devs decided not to tell anyone about. Those always tick people off.
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
This is a stealth nerf (an unannounced change). That deserves the rage of the playerbase. It's a change made to the game that the devs decided not to tell anyone about. Those always tick people off.
I agree. Whilst the attention of the players have been focused on the numerous threads regarding the Rhode Island this stealth nerf has been snuck in.
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-22-2011, 06:32 AM
If the retrofit phasers were even close to equal to MK XI purple phasers, I could understand the need to nerf the TOS conny exploit. But they're crappy. They're like MK X uncommon weapons. Sure they look neat, but they really don't punch their weight class no matter what level you use them at.
Lt. Commander
# 57
08-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
If the retrofit phasers were even close to equal to MK XI purple phasers, I could understand the need to nerf the TOS conny exploit. But they're crappy. They're like MK X uncommon weapons. Sure they look neat, but they really don't punch their weight class no matter what level you use them at.
That's the most confusing part. Why?

The fact is we use the ToS phasers by choice not because it has "win" written all over it. I would love to have a response on this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 58
08-22-2011, 07:38 AM
I really do not get why this change was made either. They are as mentioned not owerpowered in any way, an afaik you can not sell them either...

So Cryptic, why was this changed? There is no reason for this change in the first place...

As the saying goes : "If it it's not broken, don't fix it"
Lt. Commander
# 59
08-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
And yet, for some reason the Hargh'Peng isn't unique...

I'd contact a GM - items suddenly disappearing unexpectedly can't be right. (And even if it's intended - enough negative feedback might change things bad.)

Mustrum "Doesn't use TOS Phasers" Ridcully
lmao, thats again Croptic redicullynously .

Seriously folks. We need to slap Cryptic in the face. What Mustrum said above, they do not fix the Hargh'peng, yet they screw with some innocent blue retrofit phasers which it total nonsense. I wouldnt take this if i were you.

(What the **** does cryptic think they are achieving with this nonsense... They should learn how to prioritize stuff in this game. They always touch the non-broken things instead of the broken stuff.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
still no dev comment?
lmao. are you serious? :p
Lt. Commander
# 60
08-22-2011, 09:14 AM
This has really anoyed me, they dont have the time to fix the bugs they created, yet can find the time to stealth nerf something that was never a problem??
Closed Thread