Lt. Commander
# 61
08-22-2011, 09:54 AM
While I understand that this may be an unintended consequence of a bug fix, not acknowledging that is a bad thing. Hopefully we'll get some kind of response now that people are getting into the office. But to get at least one dev to look at this thread, I now do this:

Wishstone. Wishstone. Wishstone.
Lt. Commander
# 62
08-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
This has really anoyed me, they dont have the time to fix the bugs they created, yet can find the time to stealth nerf something that was never a problem??
Well, it could have been so stealth nerfy that even they didn't notice. LIke say, they want to fix an exploit where people have too many items of one type (say, double deflector arrays). And with that code change, maybe someone thought. "Huh, why do we have identical stats for this weapon twice? I'd better remove one, before I have to write this exploit bugfix twice". And "Poof", next update, all extraneous blue phasers are gone.

If that kinda describes the scenario, you can blame the PvPers again. Some people might have reported errors of this kind.
Lt. Commander
# 63
08-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Well, it could have been so stealth nerfy that even they didn't notice. LIke say, they want to fix an exploit where people have too many items of one type (say, double deflector arrays). And with that code change, maybe someone thought. "Huh, why do we have identical stats for this weapon twice? I'd better remove one, before I have to write this exploit bugfix twice". And "Poof", next update, all extraneous blue phasers are gone.

If that kinda describes the scenario, you can blame the PvPers again. Some people might have reported errors of this kind.
No-ones blamed the PvPers. Time to head into game and make a Bug report and GM Ticket
Lt. Commander
# 64
08-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post

The Phasers aren't gone, you simply can't equip more than 1 for and aft Phaser from the Connie and 1 for and aft from the Devidian mission.

I really like to blame Cryptic but if you insist: It's the PvPers fault
Lt. Commander
# 65
08-22-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm rather cheesed by this, I loved my blue beam boat.

I don't see the value in nerfing this as it was already nerfed by having lower DPS than other phasers you have access to at any rank in the game compared to what the blue phasers auto-leveled to.
Lt. Commander
# 66 also bummed out
08-22-2011, 12:31 PM
I loved my 4 Retrofit Phaser Banks,
I even un-equipped better PURPLE beam arrays to make the switch over.

I hope it's a mistake and we will again be able to equip a full suite of retrofit phasers, like other have pointed out it's mainly vanity item and is not better than other high end phaser arrays.

so sad.
Lt. Commander
# 67
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Hmmm... the first Dev call spell seems to have failed...

StormShade, StormShade, StormShade.

Oh and just in case that fails:

dstahl, dstahl, dstahl!

Heh, heh, heh.

On a serious note, please look into this. It's kinda important for my fleet and others that use/like the old school stuff.

Or if it's not possible to fix, then I would GLADLY take a T5 Connie refit/retrofit (The Movie Ship(s), not the TOS ship) and I can mount plain ol' phasers...
Lt. Commander
# 68
08-22-2011, 01:00 PM
I know I will think 4 or 5 times now before buying stuff from the c-store, I loved my blue phasers....
Lt. Commander
# 69
08-22-2011, 01:07 PM
I am not happy with this stealth nerf. My favorite thing about the Blue Phasers is that they are thin. I really dislike the large beam phasers. The large beam phasers were OK when I could change their color to pink but that was taken away long ago. How about an option to make those large beam phasers have a smaller beam?
Lt. Commander
# 70
08-22-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm thinking this thread might be in the wrong forum. I just read a post about Klingon carriers with only two posts and it got a dev response.

Can we get this moved to a forum so it might get seen by someone who can answer if this is WAI?

We just want an answer. It doesn't have to be one we want to hear, but just some kind of response would be nice.
Closed Thread