Lt. Commander
# 101
08-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Yay. Now if only this were an in-game reward instead of more C-Store content I might have a reason to actually log in and play.
Lt. Commander
# 102
08-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Yeah, as I said before, No Thank You.

Sorry, Dstahl. I know you're trying to put a fire out here. And I grok that it will eventually be available in-game. That's not why I'm saying NTY. It's that right now, there's no way to get it in-game, and right now, it's perceptibly better than any other ship at it's level, and right now, it's only available in the C-Store. Until it's available in-game, and until the Dilithium thing is set up and sussed out -- and that system seems a little bit shaky though I can't put my finger on what's bugging me about it -- then I'll be passing on this.
And trying to one day make it available in game via emblems is also NOT an answer because Lt. Cmdrs cannot use emblems to buy said ship.
Lt. Commander
# 103
08-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I'll check back after I can craft me a special console or three in-game without having to shell out C-Store points to do it. Thanks.

Otherwise, lovely modeling and texturing by Logan. They need to make a crazy dude that resembles him hammering at a console whenever they put Utopia Planetia in game. Maybe have 'im rant about poly-tritanium budgets or something. d('-' )
Lt. Commander
# 104
08-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
83 pages of relatively negative feedback on this ship (http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=227149), and absolutely NO changes were made despite the players/customers vocal objection to having this as a "Tier 2.5" ship.

Now we've all heard of Dan's (Dstahl) assurances that there are more ships coming, all ships available for ingame currency etc etc.

That's the problem isn't it? Things are coming, but they ain't here NOW. This ship as overpowered as it is for it's tier (or underpowered compared to tier 3), should've been made accessable by ingame means TODAY. Not September 22nd, or whatever delayed date that the economy changes ultimately end up being pushed to.

Sorry, but i'm gonna have to make a pass on this one. And I for one will not buy a single item (ship or otherwise) off C-Store until Cryptic gets their collective heads out of their rear-ends, and make things right. It's the customers who ultimately control the game. No customers, no profit, no game.

START LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, CRYPTIC!!!
And how often does a "someday soon" in this game turn out to be a mirage in the desert? ... Look to the Klingons. ... Look to the Ambassador-class.

Track record has fallen deep enough to be buried out of sight in the mud.
Lt. Commander
# 105
08-19-2011, 04:31 PM
WOw, never have I saw such...a display of disappoinment on this scale.

But I cannot echo what is being said about the ship (I am mostly TAC driven), but can say on the method of delivery.

Not cool...
Lt. Commander
# 106
08-19-2011, 04:35 PM
....deleted in advanced to prevent any undue misunderstandings and or moderation..
Lt. Commander
# 107
08-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
And trying to one day make it available in game via emblems is also NOT an answer because Lt. Cmdrs cannot use emblems to buy said ship.
To be fair, the "Dilithium" system is going to replace emblems and all the other myriad badges and marks (apparently), which means characters not at the level cap will still be able to earn Dilithium and thus afford this ship in-game... but there are many many details that are still in the air, such as how much this ship -- and the 16! more that are coming down the pipe, presumably in the same manner as this one* -- will cost in Dilithium, what the Dilithium-CPoint exchange rate will be, how Dilithium will sell on the exchange, etc.

* - and won't that be a barbecue to see?
Lt. Commander
# 108
08-19-2011, 04:39 PM
....deleted in advanced to prevent any undue misunderstandings and or moderation..
Lt. Commander
# 109
08-19-2011, 04:41 PM
I love the little console that comes with the Rhode Island, it has already paid off in giving me an extra way of changing up how I face PVE enemies
Lt. Commander
# 110
08-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
We've yet to see the in-game price though. And considering how quickly we out-level Tier 2 vs the price of 800 cp (wonder what this converts to in dilithium) and compare with 500 emblems for a single time unlock of a T-5 refit that is worth 1200 cp, you can see what a slippery slope we are riding, no?
Oh, absolutely. That's one of if not my major concern with this. We don't know how the Dilithium system is going to pan out. One thing I learned in system design: No system will ever perform as you expect as soon as you release N+1 players upon it.... with 'N' being 'Exactly as many people you have had look at the system during testing.'