Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 121
08-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Why must you all complain? Really, no one is forcing your to buy it. Cryptic does an awesome job with the C-Store and from a business stand point, they know players like me will buy the new stuff because I like to collect the different things there, The little console is more of an incentive to get the ship and as I stated, for me it adds a little more variety to how I play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 122
08-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredCasden
Why must you all complain?
It's feedback. They are offering feedback.

Quote:
The little console is more of an incentive to get the ship and as I stated, for me it adds a little more variety to how I play.
The complaint is not about the console.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 123
08-19-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm just pointing out the positives of the Rhode Island that relate to how I play
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 124
08-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Personally I think the whole think is extortion. If your going to go pay to win then go free to play, if not do subscription and let everything be obtainable in game. There are plenty of games out there that succeed using either system, but if you use both you **** your players off; period. I don't see why financially it's necessary to have both, I understand in the beginning for a while because of Atari's debt but now they're owned by a stable company. There is no need to extort your players when you now have a parent company that can support you, so make us all happy and pick one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 125
08-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
Yup, the same was said about the forum outrage over monocles on E.V.E. and we all know how that turned out. What about the revamp of SWG and the forum reaction there?
The revamp of SWG affected EVERYONE and single-handedly ruined the game. That wasn't a forum of ****ed users, that was an entire customer base. MANY people don't even give SOE money period over that fiasco.

This is a ship. A single in-game ship. That you can buy. Or don't have to. It's not game-changing, nor game-breaking. It does not change your HUD, your class, or how your game handles. It does not make you play a different version of STO than you bought.

It is....a ship.


A SHIP. That you do not have to have ANYTHING, at ALL, whatsoever, to do with. Period. Buy or buy not, there is no refund.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 126
08-19-2011, 07:55 PM
....deleted in advanced to prevent any undue misunderstandings and or moderation..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 127
08-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
You seem to forget, there are 16 more coming. What will you say then if the trend continues?
Yay, more ships!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 128
08-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Time to give Star Cruisers some love too, down the road.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 129
08-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Got it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
But remember...they said it is "debatable" how OP this type of ship would be for its tier. Time to call marketing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn5-V...tailpage#t=53s
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 130
08-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1306 View Post
what concerns me a little is the fact that so many people seem to want the RI to be a T5 ship. In my opinion this wouldn't fit at all. T3 maybe, yes. But not T5. It's way too small and I think it can't even be compared to any current T5 ship.
"Way too small" ???

Defiant Retrofit: 170.68 meters
Nova Refit: 165 meters

If a Tactical Escort can make it to Tier 5, a Science Vessel Refit could sure as hell managed as well.

No matter how much Cryptic tries to back-peddle this blunder of theirs, the fact remains that they quite simply didn't listen to thier customers on this matter. 83 pages, 820+ replies, 28700+ views. NONE of the feedback in said thread was taken to heart by the Cryptic developers. Certain glitches with the console that was reported in the thread, has been reported as still being present on Live server. Overpowered officer layout, extra engineering console slot. All sorts of negative feedback on the Rhode Island. ALL OF IT IGNORED.

They really managed to let down their customers on this one.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 PM.