Lt. Commander
# 191
08-20-2011, 04:14 PM
....deleted in advanced to prevent any undue misunderstandings and or moderation..
Lt. Commander
# 192
08-20-2011, 04:18 PM
i like being outspoken now and then but this a temp as i think u said or someone said in the pvp section on this ship about the new currency system will fix this problem but idk for sure. Someone once said people who rre;ay op skillz are no more than fools as opvp will taken the advantage like consuls and broken skillz away(played one opvp but looking for more team based opvp).. i never have done any fleet action to see this problem. Cryptic needs to update the npc's ai to allow more skill usage.
Lt. Commander
# 193
08-20-2011, 04:51 PM
I am really enjoying the RI Refit! Although, I still have it looking like a Quasar Class, as I really like the Quasar's pieces, especially the saucer. Love the extra Lietenant Science station! Thanks!

(I do only PvE, so take my opinion how you will)
Lt. Commander
# 194
08-20-2011, 05:08 PM
People need to realize...your sub goes to server upkeep, patches, etc. Most games would be putting out extra expansion packs that you'd have to buy to get the extra content, so you'd have to pay $40 for an expansion, even if you only wanted one item for it.

The C-Store removes expansion-added content and instead gives the ability to buy individual items. So if the game needs extra finances to be able to keep producing new ships, etc., that money for dev time needs to come from somewhere, and thus, the C-Store is the best viable option, leaving subs able to pay for the server upkeep, extra hardware to handle the load, the time spent hunting and fixing patches, and creating new missions and feature episodes.

So if you don't want to buy from the C-Store, don't. But your sub doesn't entitle you to everything free, or you'd never have to pay for an MMO expansion either. Without the C-Store, we may not even have had the new ships, costumes, etc. The fact that they're working on additional ways in the future to get the items in-game is great, but oh, guess what, that takes money too, that they need to keep earning.

So I'd rather keep supporting Cryptic via C-Store and extra content, than not have the extra content at all.

Maybe once they start charging you for Feature Missions, to unlock the Duty Officer system, etc, then you can complain. But for crap that's not game-breaking(and it's not, no matter how much some want to cry that it is), you either buy it, or you can ignore it. And obviously, there's a market for it, because I've already seen a number of posts mentioning its purchase and people being happy with it.

And if buying from the C-Store brings us more new stuff, awesome. More new stuff is always good.
Lt. Commander
# 195
08-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Nobody is arguing against the C-Store.
What we do object to is unbalanced ships being added to the game, C-Store or no.(i say that because the R.I is supposed to become obtainable in-game as well)

When one ship makes another ship in its tier "completely" obsolete and pointless to use then something is very wrong.
Cryptic needs to realise their failure here and correct it.
Lt. Commander
# 196
08-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
When one ship makes another ship in its tier "completely" obsolete and pointless to use then something is very wrong.
Quoted for truth.

Ideal balance (within a tier) means that each ship is basically (in and of itself) always useful.
(obviously it is impossible to make every ship useful to *every* possible career/skill combination)
Lt. Commander
# 197
08-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
Well, the thing is this...there are 15+ more ships coming. And when they do, they might just follow the same "break boff convention" layouts. So what happens to those that want to compete for top spot in fleet actions/pvp, they have to pay for an edge now.
Not neccacrily. sure you get an upgrade on the rank of your science positions but other than that and the consol(which doesnt work as well as Cryptic claims) there really isnt any difference between it and the other tier 2 ships. It comes with same weapons and shields etc. so there isnt much of an advantage. You still need to eitehr buy or loot weps better than mk 2 and the shields arent any better than what they could be on a tier 1 ship.
Lt. Commander
# 198
08-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Nobody is arguing against the C-Store.
What we do object to is unbalanced ships being added to the game, C-Store or no.(i say that because the R.I is supposed to become obtainable in-game as well)

Cryptic needs to realise their failure here and correct it.
QFT. They can repeat that it will be available ingame until they're blue in the face, but it won't change the fact that this ship sets a very dangerous precedent for the game's balance.
Lt. Commander
# 199
08-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Quoted for truth.

Ideal balance (within a tier) means that each ship is basically (in and of itself) always useful.
(obviously it is impossible to make every ship useful to *every* possible career/skill combination)
According to the internal testers, you guys are talking crazy.

Lt. Commander
# 200
08-20-2011, 05:55 PM
....deleted in advanced to prevent any undue misunderstandings and or moderation..