Lt. Commander
# 261 P2Win=No Way!
08-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Sorry, as has been pointed out by many of the players, this ship is better than other equivalent ships at its level and as it is not available via in game methods, it is clearly pay to win.

Cryptic have said in the past that the C-Store will not be used for pay to win and that any improved ship will be available in game also. By not doing so at launch of this ship, you, Cryptic, are breaking your promise to us, your paying customers.

Sorry but its a big no to this ship and any other like it, unless you can offer in game methods of obtaining it AT LAUNCH.

Your customers have spoken quite clearly on this - WE DO NOT WANT PAY TO WIN ITEMS IN THIS GAME!
Lt. Commander
# 262
08-23-2011, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
Sorry, as has been pointed out by many of the players, this ship is better than other equivalent ships at its level and as it is not available via in game methods, it is clearly pay to win.

Cryptic have said in the past that the C-Store will not be used for pay to win and that any improved ship will be available in game also. By not doing so at launch of this ship, you, Cryptic, are breaking your promise to us, your paying customers.

Sorry but its a big no to this ship and any other like it, unless you can offer in game methods of obtaining it AT LAUNCH.

Your customers have spoken quite clearly on this - WE DO NOT WANT PAY TO WIN ITEMS IN THIS GAME!
Ok then let us meat you in your overpowerd Tier 2.5 and i in my normal Tier 5
Lt. Commander
# 263
08-23-2011, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Bridger View Post
Ok then let us meat you in your overpowerd Tier 2.5 and i in my normal Tier 2
Fixed. Now it makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 264
08-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Why does a T2 have to be able to beat a T5 to be overpowered?
That is, quite frankly, an idiotic notion.
Lt. Commander
# 265
08-23-2011, 03:23 AM
This is beyond reason now, a t2 ship for how much? god forbid they add it free as this is a sub based game.

A new mighty low from Cryptic, obviously dont care one ounce about the player base, pure greed time and time again, how about content.

By the way you should invest your own money in your own company to turn to a FTP model, not use your paying customers money that we are paying you for for something else, bad bad very bad,
Lt. Commander
# 266
08-23-2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:
*headdesk*
Lt. Commander
# 267
08-23-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Did that on tribble, took the guy in the tier 5, 5 minutes to kill me cause of my consta healing from the two lieutenant slots... I was able to cycle Sci Team 1 & HE 2 with HE 1 and Sci Team 2, kept my shields and heal up pretty well... and i got him down pretty far, about 60-70% before he started popping heals. And this was in a stock rhode island.
Lt. Commander
# 268
08-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
In what insane universe does this comment make any shred of sense? A T2.5 ship should be compared to a standard T2 ship, and not a T5 ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphenoix
*headdesk*
This pretty much sums up my reaction to the above.
Lt. Commander
# 269
08-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
/facepalm

Compared to THE OTHER SHIPS IN ITS TIER, the R.I. IS overpowered. Hell, on an Episode of STOked, Al even admitted it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Did that on tribble, took the guy in the tier 5, 5 minutes to kill me cause of my consta healing from the two lieutenant slots... I was able to cycle Sci Team 1 & HE 2 with HE 1 and Sci Team 2, kept my shields and heal up pretty well... and i got him down pretty far, about 60-70% before he started popping heals. And this was in a stock rhode island.
This is just sad....
Lt. Commander
# 270
08-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
While I don't think it's OP'ed at Tier 2 (better, yes), I still disagree with the decision to put it in the C-Store. This should *never* have been done without allowing us a chance to get it in game.

For the record: If Tier 3.5 includes that Lt. Sci slot, I will say this is most definitely a "Pay 2 Win" move by the devs, and summarily reject each and every excuse they come up with to try to explain it away.

I think I've been relatively fair-minded about the ship and the strategy behind using it. DStahl et al., please don't abuse my fair-mindedness. That is all.
Well. we've already been told there's ~16 more ships coming out for tiers 2-4 that 'some would find overpowered' and 'on par with the RI' from the dev quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
This is just sad....
I've tried this in the 'stock' Nova... Didn't last that long though :/ Maybe a couple minutes. Less when going full damage.