Lt. Commander
# 281
08-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Hmm.. Lifer here and though i own "Most" of the ships, I'm saying no to this one as well..

1) Its not all that great looking
2) It is a bit overpowered for its level
3) 800 C-Store Credits.. For a T2 Ship, really?

As much as I like to see new content, this just looks like a waste of money for something you're not going to use for very long.
Lt. Commander
# 282
08-29-2011, 03:32 AM
You mean as compared to the 800 pts for the NX, the TOS Connie, and the Oberth? Those are all tier 1, you use them for less than the RI.
Lt. Commander
# 283
08-29-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecaveman View Post
You mean as compared to the 800 pts for the NX, the TOS Connie, and the Oberth? Those are all tier 1, you use them for less than the RI.
Not true. The TOS Connie comes with Blue Phasers which scale with level, thereby theoretically possible to level 1-51 using just the Connie.

In any case, the Rhode Island is either overpriced, or overpowered. One of these issues needs to be fixed. Especially considering there is no current ingame acquisition of the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 284 In-Game Availability
08-29-2011, 09:35 AM
It seems to me that the easiest way to resolve this issue is to make the RI available through in-game methods as well as available for C-store purchase. There would still be C-Store revenue from the sales of RI ships because many players lack the time necesary to take the longer road of in-game aquisition and as a result will purchase it instead. But allowing it to be aqquired through determined effort in game will satisfy all the players who are currently feeling ignored and pushed aside by Cryptics current RI marketing strategy.
OR

Put simply Cryptic. Give all the players who are using their determined efforts to resist this current RI situation something more constructive to do with thier time and energy. Like...say...gathering 500-800 emblems/marks/badges so they too can get their RI. It would keep them from making noise on the forums about the
unfairness of the current situation and as a result, Keep them off the backs of everyone at Cryptic.

P.S. A thought ocurred to me as I was wrapping this post up. Maybe Cryptic already plans to make the RI available and are holding back for 2 reasons.

First...the fiscal reason. By having the RI exclusive to the C-store for a month or 2 their insuring a healthy revenue from its sale before giving up some of those revenues once they do make it available in-game.

Secon.....the practical reason. Perhaps the delay on the RI's in-game availability is a result of the restructuring of the in-game currency that is coming relativly soon. Once they accomplish this new currency system they will have to rewrite alot of code for all the ships that are currently available for Emblems/Marks/badges so that they work with the new currency. Maybe by not releasing the RI in-game
now and waiting for the new currency system their simply saving themselves and us a boatload (no pun intended) of trouble and aggravation with a Conversion thats probably already going to be problematic with the Ships that are already available in-gam through the emblem/mark/badge system.

Food for Thought.
Lt. Commander
# 285
08-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpatrick73 View Post
It seems to me that the easiest way to resolve this issue is to make the RI available through in-game methods as well as available for C-store purchase. There would still be C-Store revenue from the sales of RI ships because many players lack the time necesary to take the longer road of in-game aquisition and as a result will purchase it instead. But allowing it to be aqquired through determined effort in game will satisfy all the players who are currently feeling ignored and pushed aside by Cryptics current RI marketing strategy.
OR

Put simply Cryptic. Give all the players who are using their determined efforts to resist this current RI situation something more constructive to do with thier time and energy. Like...say...gathering 500-800 emblems so they too can get their RI. It would keep them from making noise on the forums about the
unfairness of the current situation and as a result, Keep them off the backs of everyone at Cryptic.

P.S. A thought ocurred to me as I was wrapping this post up. Maybe Cryptic already plans to make the RI available and are holding back for 2 reasons.

First...the fiscal reason. By having the RI exclusive to the C-store for a month or 2 their insuring a healthy revenue from its sale before giving up some of those revenues once they do make it available in-game.

Secon.....the practical reason. Perhaps the delay on the RI's in-game availability is a result of the restructuring of the in-game currency that is coming relativly soon. Once they accomplish this new currency system they will have to rewrite alot of code for all the ships that are currently available for Emblems/Marks/badges so that they work with the new currency. Maybe by not releasing the RI in-game
now and waiting for the new currency system their simply saving themselves and us a boatload (no pun intended) of trouble and aggravation with a Conversion thats probably already going to be problematic with the Ships that are already available in-gam through the emblem/mark/badge system.

Food for Thought.
If they make it 500-800 emblems then you'ed nead to be Va to get it. Think about it...level to Va1...grind 500-800 emblems ...all to attain a Tier 2 ship? What about people who just started the game? What do you recommend they do? Hmm?
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
If they make it 500-800 emblems then you'ed nead to be Va to get it. Think about it...level to Va1...grind 500-800 emblems ...all to attain a Tier 2 ship? What about people who just started the game? What do you recommend they do? Hmm?
As I indicated in my post with the term Emblems/Marks/Badges there are means by which those players of insufficient Rank to accrue emblems may still aquire a Rank apropriate curency with which to purchaes the RI in-game. but that may be beside the point depending on the restructuring of the in-game currency system.
Lt. Commander
# 287
08-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Not true. The TOS Connie comes with Blue Phasers which scale with level, thereby theoretically possible to level 1-51 using just the Connie.

Let me know how leveling to VA with the TOS Connie works for you. Are you using just Bo1 and ET1 and Polarize hull??
Lt. Commander
# 288
08-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Let me know how leveling to VA with the TOS Connie works for you. Are you using just Bo1 and ET1 and Polarize hull??
He was talking about the phasers, not the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 289
08-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpatrick73 View Post
As I indicated in my post with the term Emblems/Marks/Badges there are means by which those players of insufficient Rank to accrue emblems may still aquire a Rank apropriate curency with which to purchaes the RI in-game. but that may be beside the point depending on the restructuring of the in-game currency system.
From my understanding on the currency consolidation, we'd be earning "Dilithium" (or whatever it ends up being called) pretty much right from the start. What this means is that, should the RI end up like the VA ships, you could potentially earn it by doing nothing but grinding exploration clusters and still get it at T2.
Lt. Commander
# 290
08-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
From my understanding on the currency consolidation, we'd be earning "Dilithium" (or whatever it ends up being called) pretty much right from the start. What this means is that, should the RI end up like the VA ships, you could potentially earn it by doing nothing but grinding exploration clusters and still get it at T2.
Assuming you find a player willing to trade you 800 CP for whatever amount of Dilithium you got by then.