Lt. Commander
# 31
08-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Glory
It's Tier 2 though, so what does it matter? Basically, you've got a ship that's a little more powerful than the Nova at destroying already easy enemies. What are you going to do, PvP with it? Really? I understand that it's more powerful than its in-game conterpart but to what effect?

Let's boil this down to what it really is : 800 CP for a console.
Yes, and that's one of the problems, it's transferable to any science ship, like certain science ships needed more survivability.....
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Glory
It's Tier 2 though, so what does it matter? Basically, you've got a ship that's a little more powerful than the Nova at destroying already easy enemies. What are you going to do, PvP with it? Really? I understand that it's more powerful than its in-game conterpart but to what effect?

Let's boil this down to what it really is : 800 CP for a console.
One word answer: precedent.

Today Cryptic unveils a ship that's undeniably more powerful than all other Tier 2 ships. Perhaps in a couple months they'll come out with a ship that is C-Store only and more powerful than all other Tier 5 ships. You have 2 options -- play in an inferior ship or pay money to have a competitive edge over those that don't. For me, that's not something I want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Actually it would make a lot of sense for them to go back and add the 2nd Lt. Boff to ALL of the T2 ships, not just this one.

I mean, the lower levels are a bit of a snoozefest, so if its okay for this ship to grant you 2 extra powers (the console and the new Boff skill) then it should be okay for the default ships to gain that 1 additional power as well. And the console slot.

Problem solved!
This could work although there still needs to be *some* drawback to the Rhode Island over the Nova (as it has an additional console slot and better impulse modifier) -- even if it's something relatively minor like inertia or turn rate.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-19-2011, 12:13 PM
U.S.S Disappointment...a better name perhaps.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Yes thank you!!
LOL
Hahahahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Agreed. It's too powerful. We must stop this HERE in the past.....wait wrong speech.

Either way save refits for making lower tiered ships at higher levels.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
No thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
This could work although there still needs to be *some* drawback to the Rhode Island over the Nova (as it has an additional console slot and better impulse modifier) -- even if it's something relatively minor like inertia or turn rate.
That is true. Its just dumb for a refit to end up in the same tier as the unmodified ship.

Makes zero sense.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Need to be Lieut Commander to buy it? That sucks
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Actually it would make a lot of sense for them to go back and add the 2nd Lt. Boff to ALL of the T2 ships, not just this one.

I mean, the lower levels are a bit of a snoozefest, so if its okay for this ship to grant you 2 extra powers (the console and the new Boff skill) then it should be okay for the default ships to gain that 1 additional power as well. And the console slot.

Problem solved!
I'd be happy with that idea. Unlikely to happen, but yeah, i'd be happy with that.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-19-2011, 12:27 PM
No thank you. I got C-points (Atari Tokens at the time, so thankfully most of the money didn't go to help fund this sort of pay to win project) to buy this ship when i heard about it first, but after seeing it and giving feed back over the weeks, you'll not see me flying it.