Lt. Commander
# 41
08-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
This ship could be great at T3 *and* T5, but is ruined as is.
This -

The ship should have been a T5 Cryptic. Not an overpowered T2.

Why are you pushing things the players don't want? You ask for our patience with the content drought, you say you hear us and feel our pain, then you go and do this. Moral is low enough as it is! Are you listening? Do you care?

You had an opportunity here to maybe turn some of this around, but you didn't take it.

I just don't get it -
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-19-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't 'want' to buy it in its current state. The state I was against for the entire time it was on tribble.

I wanted a more powerful Nova for my VA character to use, but I didn't expect this tier x.5 when it went onto tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengefulDjinn
This -

The ship should have been a T5 Cryptic.

Why are you pushing things the players don't want? You ask for our patience with the content drought, you say you hear us and feel our pain, then you go and do this. Moral is low enough as it is!

You had an opportunity here to maybe turn some of this around, but you didn't take it.

I just don't get it -
That would be because while there were plenty who wanted the Rhode Island, there were also plenty who specifically did not want the Rhode Island at T5.

They should have just made it a new skin and not bothered with a special ability console and altered setup, then there wouldn't be the negative balance feedback, or anything else; only the complaints by people who wanted it at the T5 level.
Lt. Commander
# 44 Yikes...
08-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Here's my 2 cents. I like it. I'm gonna buy it. Why? I like to play this game. It's fun for me. I enjoy it, I'll enjoy this ship as well. I appreciate the fact that you try hard to bring me new stuff to buy and that you really try to add value to that. As far as "Pay to Win" goes... What exactly will I win? Is there some prize I don't know about??

I'm giving you a few bucks for something cool. That's it... Thanks for bringing me something cool today...
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-19-2011, 01:38 PM
What ever happened to the "No P2W" crap going in the C-Store? I haven't followed the RI debate that closely, but I already knew the basic stats for it. Why make a T2 ship that is (currently) ONLY obtainable by real-world moneys? Seriously, I've seen enough posts and threads on this topic to know that it's way too OP in its designated category.

A shame, too. The console looks nice. However, even if I really wanted this ship I wouldn't buy it just on the principle that this should never have been. I have only two words to sum up this latest Cryptic blunder:

Triple facepalm
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-19-2011, 01:42 PM
....deleted in advanced to prevent any undue misunderstandings and or moderation..
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-19-2011, 01:44 PM
This was a poor decision and the forums are almost completely negative about this ship. I will not be buying it.

I hope a blog, or game review site picks up this release and reports on the poor player feedback in the forums.

I'll be emailing several, today.
Lt. Commander
# 48 Just say: No! To Pay-to-Win.
08-19-2011, 01:46 PM
No, thank you.

Why?

I'll quote my esteemed colleague, who I think explains it eloquently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
I'm fine with the ship being Tier 2, having a console, and costing 800 C-Points ($10 USD).

What I'm not fine with:
* No in-game method to obtain (sorry, this really needs to be available from Day 1 or else its a violation of the principle that no game-altering items are in C-Store)
* Unbalanced - console aside, it is better in three ways over the Tier 2 Science Vessel:
1) Has an additional engineering console
2) Has a 2nd lieutenant level science bridge officer (as opposed to default Tier 2's ensign level)
3) Has an impulse modifier of 0.20 instead of 0.15
What downsides does it have? None. Same hull, crew size, fore and aft weapons, tactical and science consoles, turn rate, inertia, and special abilities.

In other words -- this is the definition of a "pay-to-win" ship -- something you can only get by dishing out real cash and is the same or better in every regard. I'm really disappointed that after a 2 week delay based on tester feedback that this had none of the changes implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-19-2011, 01:49 PM
What are the visual differences between the Rhode Island variant and the normal Nova Class? I know the nacelles are slightly different but what else? Just seems a little pricey for something that looks very similar.
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
What are the visual differences between the Rhode Island variant and the normal Nova Class? I know the nacelles are slightly different but what else? Just seems a little pricey for something that looks very similar.
Saucer section is different as well, but beyond that I think nothing is different