Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Title as above. Working on a control scheme so you guys can at least hit some of the ability activation speed that, Naevius and I both enjoy.

Purpose. To keep you flying, and clicking targets, while not leaving WASD or space bar. As much as possible. This also assumes you will be moving throttle control to your mouse scroll wheel.
Benefit, faster activation of abilities (once you train your fingers) which means faster heals, faster dps etc.

Drawback? as of this version the "interact" aka F key doesn't work with this draft. I'll work on that but this should work for pvp I think.
Great but how do I do this you say? Simple, hit escape, and go to options. Click key binds, skill 1-10 you simply change by typing in the new button you wish to assign. Also I highly recommend changing the second row from CTRL+ your binds to Shift+ your binds, for smoother activations, and superior flight control.

here's the key mapping and how it appears in game. At some point I might make a video of my left hand on the board to show you the control scheme in action.
Yes it's a tac recon.. shut up!

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...3-10-53-12.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...3-10-53-20.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...3-10-53-27.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-03-2011, 08:37 AM
All of my binds are situated so that my fingers never have to stray from the WASD home area.

As someone who has been using keybinds pretty much since launch, I think I'm quite an effective binder. I have many buttons that set off specific "attack patterns" not just single skills. By that I mean, firing off evasives, eng batt, Sensor scan and TBR with just 1 key for example. I reckon I'm pretty quick

Thanks for the advice though
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks mav. But I'm so used to never touching the mouse and I'm afraid to try a new setup.

Sometimes I think not keybinding or having a nice gaming keyboard and mouse really holds me back some because of my press key and hope it activates mentality.

I should go get some gear tho. Many have suggested it.

Actually now I look closer I'm not too far off. Hrm.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
Thanks mav. But I'm so used to never touching the mouse and I'm afraid to try a new setup.

Sometimes I think not keybinding or having a nice gaming keyboard and mouse really holds me back some because of my press key and hope it activates mentality.

I should go get some gear tho. Many have suggested it.

Actually now I look closer I'm not too far off. Hrm.

With the crappy GUI i have to spam my keys to get them to activate. I use a g-15 in conjunction with a g-13 and a g-9 mouse and the only button that works evey time I hit it is my torp key on the mouse. Any keybind to any tray designation takes 2-3 tries before it fires.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-03-2011, 08:54 PM
real men use G9
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-05-2011, 08:02 PM
im a point and click kinda guy myself...
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-06-2011, 07:43 AM
WASD????

Right hand: Full control of ship and abilities by mouse
Left hand: Harassing opponents in chat!

nuf said