Lt. Commander
# 21
08-19-2011, 04:09 PM
....deleted in advanced to prevent any undue misunderstandings and or moderation..
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
What about directly addressing the elephant in the room? Namely....Tier x.5?
When did we get Tier10.5s??
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-19-2011, 04:20 PM
....deleted in advanced to prevent any undue misunderstandings and or moderation..
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
Nobody disputes that we need more content, the thing is though that rushing stuff out that has problems is worse.

This game has had a problem with rushing things out the door from the moment the power that be decided to release the game with less than 2 years development time, and it needs to stop.
bah...
this game has pushed out content at snail pace, and STILL with low quality...

Faster content, AND higher quality. That's what this game needs.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-19-2011, 04:23 PM
I am not to post on public forums in my experience it is difficult to argue with some one who feel's they are right and the rest of the world is wrong. But I just want to point out that if people keep asking questions and wanting answers from the wonderful people at cryptic nothing will happen as fast as your like.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
bah...
this game has pushed out content at snail pace, and STILL with low quality...

Faster content, AND higher quality. That's what this game needs.
sure that will happen... if you pay to have the proper size staff with the proper equipment... they just went threw a merger give them a break.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
I don't know. I've lost a lot of my faith in the man since:
  • He said that the Rhode Island being overpowered was "debatable"
  • And that giving the Enterprise-F all universal slots was a "good idea"
  • The complete lack of PvP development since the launch of the game, despite that fact that PvP is the largest redeeming quality in STO
  • Continually sacrificing subscriptions for C-store revenue
  • Condoning (and probably contributing to) the slippery slope that the C-store is on
  • Neglecting the Klingon faction since launch, despite assurances
  • Prioritizing fluff over actual content

Whether or not Atari was a contributing factor, Dstahl is the man in charge and the current content drought came about under his leadership. STO is his responsibility.

The sad thing to me is that many of the Cryptic employees seem highly competent. Cpn. Logan and others are absolutely awesome. Cryptic is definitely efficient and can certainly execute. It seems to me like the problems in this game are more due to bad decisions coming from upper management, whether it's the department heads, the EP, or the people above them that dictate high level strategy and resource allocation.
Lucikly I'm trained to make tough decisions, even the ones Hurleybird doesn't like. He's right in that I am responsible for STO's future. I can tell you right now, STO's future has never looked brighter, and a lot of that is due to decisions over the last year and ongoing discussions with Perfect World that go back longer than most of you realize. Did I want to have more featured episodes out by now? Sure! But you do the best with what you're given and you stay focused on what is critical and important for the long term health of the game.

The game IS healthy, and despite forum grumbling of lack of content, subs are up yet again. I expect that by the time we hit year 2, STO will be doing even better than it is now. It is easy to analyze the short term and come up with grievances. These forums are only a small subset of the users playing and enjoying the game day in and out.

So love it or hate it, we are where we are and I will continue to be frank and open about what is going on to ensure you are informed of where STO is headed.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
You are reading far too much into my comment. As I've stated a few times before C-Store revenue allows me the opportunity to have more resources to make more content. Subscriptions are steady and predictable, and when you have regular MT releases, those can become steady and predictable sources of revenue as well. Together, I can make the case that STO brings in X revenue on a steady basis and therefore I would like to hire x number of people (or outsourced assets) to work on improving STO. When the revenue predictions are solid, then it gets approved. When revenue fluxuates, then it becomes more unreliable and requests for assets can be more difficult.
If those keeping those C-Store revenues stable was easy we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we? We wouldn't need to fight with you guys (each time our side gains more support, by the way) every time you slid a little bit more on the slippery slope, would we?

Look, a healthy subscription base improves things for everyone. It makes the game better for us, and it helps you keep your revenue steady and increase your customer base. That's what should be your primary focus. Every major expansion of the C-Store (especially in the face of a lack of 'free' content) drives people away from the game and makes the game less attractive to potential subs. You guys have been trying to have your cake and eat it for far too long. Pick a direction -- Subscription model or F2P -- and stick with it. What we have right now is ugly.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-19-2011, 04:27 PM
yo D i have a gr8 idea bring out a new class called MACO make its ship a fed carrier and charge 1000 CP for it bling bling $$.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-19-2011, 04:29 PM