Lt. Commander
# 511
08-26-2011, 11:42 AM
omg I hate you
Lt. Commander
# 512
08-26-2011, 11:44 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 513
08-26-2011, 12:06 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 514
08-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina View Post
It's Atari, use your imagination.

I'm content to be patient in regards of new content and more for STO, doing the whole 'now now now, gimme gimme gimme' thing that many tend to do only comes out as being selfish and unrealistic. Developing a game takes time and a game like STO isn't a game you can programme for and add to over night, it takes a lot of planning, programming, bug tests and more before being certain that it's ready for release.

Better to be patient than whine and cry over something that you can't change.
Keep in mind much of what is now boiling over in the forums has been brewing for months, and in some cases (PvP, KDF) since STO went live. It's not selfish or unrealistic to expect professional game designers to do a better job designing missions for STO than the players, and when they don't it's not selfish or unrealistic to start asking questions. You may be content with the vague answers we've gotten regarding the current state of STO but it seems many others, including myself, are not.

Dan said that the next Ask Cryptic and Engineering Report will be "epic". I hope he realizes just how much player faith is riding on them.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 515
08-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina View Post
Better to be patient than whine and cry over something that you can't change.
If things are as bright and rosy as are being stated ... if PW is prepared to infuse attention and resources into this game and get everything sailing smooth again ... then I'd say right now is the perfect time to give feedback and criticism on issues like this. So that the players can get the ball rolling on things to help improve the game. You've been patient long enough. There was next to no content released for much of 2011. Now that the transition is taking place, now is the perfect time to say things like "Hey, less c-store stuff, and some more missions please!"

That way, the content drought doesn't extend into 2012.

Criticism is not whining and crying. It's feedback with the intent to improve.
Lt. Commander
# 516
08-26-2011, 12:28 PM
I've heard many promises from many developers for a long while before STO was even a twinkle in a developer's eye. I'm used to promises not being met and being let down.

Games are more complex to make these days, even for professional and seasoned developers. It takes time and that can mean that any plans would likely have to be scrapped or placed to the side for other concerns. We may not like that, but it's the way it is.
After years of that I've learned to just be patient.
Lt. Commander
# 517
08-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We have a big update planned for September and the Feature Series coming in October which will run through November, and then a quick Holiday before we get back to more content and features.
Am I correct the "quick Holiday" is just Thanksgiving (Series 4 ends November 19) and continued content in December?

I recall that "Into the Hive" was pushed from October to Holiday 2011 (generally considered the 5-week period immediately after Thanksgiving) and I'd really like to see Series 5 start before 2012 (which last I heard was still TBD). Cause really, who isn't excited about Tholians?
Lt. Commander
# 518
08-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Well to keep things in perspective, I am patiently waiting for some specific things in this game:

1- Improved hair tech so Catians can have flowing manes, Klingons can have better hair and my Nausicaan can finally look right.

2- Improved exploration system. Something that's been a promised, hot button, issue for DStahl in particular for a good long time.

3- Expansion and what I would call completion of the diplomacy system.

I'm being pretty patient waiting for those things. I really am. But it's kind of frustrating to see such complete stagnation on any and all content this year. So you know, try to understand that even patient people can sympathize with players of this game that simply want more to do. We haven't even gotten a "rerun" in ages.
Lt. Commander
# 519
08-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangulum_Phoenix
hey buddy Mr. Dstahl has done a good job in my estimation. I don't like your attitude. I don't read forums or post the way you do because of people like you complaining and insulting this company on a daily basis. Dan is right when hes says this is a small part of the overall community base. You are the reason more people don't get involved in the forums your malicious rhetoric is distasteful in every way. I hope you get a brain clot and have a seizure.
Following a decleration of your distaste for somebody's malice up with a hope of brain clot and seizure is almost ironic enough to give me a seizure.

Overall, Cryptic do an alright job, but to blindly declare all is fine is inaccurate, and we are paying customers. We do have a right to voice our concerns. We also have a right to express dissatisfaction with answers or lack thereof that either avoid our questions, our outright dismiss our concerns out of hand even with evidence pointing to the contrary.

And as for you, I hope you have a nice cup of tea and a sit down to think of what a horrible thing a brain clot and seizure is to wish upon another person.

Edit: Also, while Dan is technically right that we're a minority of the player base, this is only true in so far as a minority of the player base posts here. To assume that they don't share our opinions is quite a leap of logic. You could say "well they're still playing, right?", but so are most of us. If you think we're such a minority, try going into some more populated areas and ask people in zone chat what they think.
Lt. Commander
# 520
08-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
We haven't even gotten a "rerun" in ages.
If you saw the game as the chance to direct your own episode or mission of ST with your very own character, then you could have reruns forever and wouldn't be asking for them.