Lt. Commander
# 691
08-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekbaby9000 View Post
Undoubtedly the fanboys will say "take as long as you need to get it right", yet when it is released there will still be plenty of bugs. Mark my words.
I am most definitely not a fanboy but seriously, wouldn't you rather they got it working before releasing it? I know you say it will have plenty of bugs regardless. I must admit that there's a good chance that, despite their best efforts, some bugs will make it through. So the choices apparently were: release as-is (with lots of bugs) and hope people don't get too upset, or delay its release and try to fix the bugs they know about and hope people don't get too upset. So, both options involve people getting upset. But one of those choices is actually a good choice. Guess which one that is?

Yeah, I'm disappointed, but I'd be much more disappointed if they released the Red Alerts chock full of bugs they could have fixed in another week or two. If it's not working right then delaying its release is a good decision, pure and simple.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 692
08-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
And lets not forget the looming Tier x.5 elephant in the room.

Wouldn't that be a Gorilla?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
I am most definitely not a fanboy but seriously, wouldn't you rather they got it working before releasing it? I know you say it will have plenty of bugs regardless. I must admit that there's a good chance that, despite their best efforts, some bugs will make it through. So the choices apparently were: release as-is (with lots of bugs) and hope people don't get too upset, or delay its release and try to fix the bugs they know about and hope people don't get too upset. So, both options involve people getting upset. But one of those choices is actually a good choice. Guess which one that is?

Yeah, I'm disappointed, but I'd be much more disappointed if they released the Red Alerts chock full of bugs they could have fixed in another week or two. If it's not working right then delaying its release is a good decision, pure and simple.
Z
We've waited this long already...

What the hell is another couple of days or a week gonna matter...?...

Either Folks will wait around to try it or they won't...
Lt. Commander
# 693
08-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:

Z

I just find it odd that as Tribble Testers we were not considered competent enough to determine if the Rhode Island was balanced or not yet are good enough to test this new type of DSE for bugs. Funny how that works.
Lt. Commander
# 694
08-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:
I just find it odd that as Tribble Testers we were not considered competent enough to determine if the Rhode Island was balanced or not yet are good enough to test this new type of DSE for bugs. Funny how that works.
You forget...

The RI isn't bugged... <shakes head and stifles snide comment...>
Lt. Commander
# 695
08-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Quote:
One is a C-$tore item. The other is not. You know how that works.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 696
08-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
One is a C-$tore item. The other is not. You know how that works.

Z
Oh trust me...I do...I've been around here long enough to know.
Lt. Commander
# 697
08-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Borg DSE delay - too bad, but I think we'd all rather they work correctly on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 698
08-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripQue View Post
Borg DSE delay - too bad, but I think we'd all rather it work right on Holodeck.
I agree with you, I'm just surprised that we were found competent enough to be considered a source of valuable feedback for fixing these encounters.
Lt. Commander
# 699
08-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
I agree with you, I'm just surprised that we were found competent enough to be considered a source of valuable feedback for fixing these encounters.
I'm thinking the Rhode Island Debacle, instgated a small change in someones thought processes...
Lt. Commander
# 700
08-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
I'm thinking the Rhode Island Debacle, instgated a small change in someones thought processes...
*checks the Tier 2 vessels aside from the Rhode Island* Nope.