Lt. Commander
One of the rewards for the Night of the Comet mission is a retro phaser pistol that fires a blue beam, and as a secondary has a stun effect.

Now, when you play through the devidian missions, specifically Everything Old is New Again, one of the feddie security officers that you may end up fighting has one of those phasers, except with a wide beam secondary.

I want that phaser pistol.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-19-2011, 03:47 PM
I saw that when I played last night!. When I chose the TOS Type 2 Phaser Mk XI I thought it may be the same one, but was disappointed.

Perhaps for Christmas or the 600 Day Veteran Reward
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Actually -- I bet he was using the Type 1 TOS Phaser (The small "remote control" looking one.) Which is also is a reward from: Past Imperfect However, that mission is not remastered yet so that Phaser is locked to the level of the mission and basically worthless after Lt Commander.

I always thought it would be nice if the Type 1 was the expose weapon and the Type 2 was the exploit one. But sadly, not the case.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protector View Post
Actually -- I bet he was using the Type 1 TOS Phaser (The small "remote control" looking one.) Which is also is a reward from: Past Imperfect However, that mission is not remastered yet so that Phaser is locked to the level of the mission and basically worthless after Lt Commander.

I always thought it would be nice if the Type 1 was the expose weapon and the Type 2 was the exploit one. But sadly, not the case.
Thank you for the info Protector! I wanted to run Night of the Comet with you again tonight to get the Federation Type 3 Phaser Rifle Mk XI but I have to go drink beer and watch The Last Waltz. I kept waking up dodging Devidians all night!