Lt. Commander
# 1 Best way to farm data samples?
08-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Just wonder what the best way is to farm them? Im starting crafting, and ive been collecting, but i ran out of reds before i can use any of the others. So whats the best way to farm these things. Higher tier quantums are way too expensive to buy
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-20-2011, 02:39 AM
I just go to the exploration sectors of the same level range as the data I need. Like for red, go to Delta Volanis and just fly around scanning/going into unexplored sectors. It's easily the quickest way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Exploration areas are the best. I like to farm them in the exploration area itself as well as inside the "unexplored systems". This sto crafting guide might be of some use to you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-20-2011, 05:16 AM
If you need schematics, the red tier 1 crafting materials then your best bets are to...

1. Go to the Delta Volanis (just Sirius Sector Block) Star cluster (for Klingons this is T'Ong Cluster) and Scan all anomalies and explore all planets you come acress

2. buy the schematics from the Basic Crafting Vendor.

Or if you need some of the higher teired crafting mats use this STO Wiki article to help you find the best location.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-20-2011, 06:48 AM
The best way is to *not* go into the unexplored systems.

Just fly around the star clusters and only scan anomalies. Don't enter the systems and it is much more time efficient.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
The best way is to *not* go into the unexplored systems.

Just fly around the star clusters and only scan anomalies. Don't enter the systems and it is much more time efficient.
I have to disagree with that. I go into the unexplored system and will have up to four anomalies to scan at once. This is very efficient when there are a lot of other people in the exploration zone also scanning for anomalies. The biggest trick with going into the unexplored system is to not start the mission. If you don't go through the dialog the mission won't start and therefore there won't be any enemies to face. No enemies means you can get all the anomalies that exist in there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-20-2011, 09:23 AM
I know it sounds crazy but I've been doing explore missions. They can be insanely repetitive but you get a little bit of everything- mats, XP, Boff points, diplomatic XP (some of the time). If you rank up high enough the mission it will not appear in available missions- unless you'e in the system, but you can do it as many times as you want. I got the accolade for doing the Delta Volanis mission 70 times. It only took maybe a week and a half? Afterwards I went to Memory Alpha and crafted schematics for 20 minutes. I ended up with a Lt Commander (maybe full Commander don't remember) that was maxed out on crafting. It also maxed me out on diplomatic XP.
If you get sick of the explore missions just go into the unexplored system and minimize the pop up box so you don't start whatever mission it is. There should be at least two, usually 3 or 4 anomalies in each system.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Hey guys, you mean scan in the delta volaris block? Like Siruis block? I went in the delta block and scanned and got nothing, or do i need to go into a "system" for them?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-20-2011, 10:49 AM
You have to scan "anomalous readings' inside of the Delta Volanis Cluster. Some will be actual materials, others will be systems.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabba2087
Hey guys, you mean scan in the delta volaris block? Like Siruis block? I went in the delta block and scanned and got nothing, or do i need to go into a "system" for them?

In all the exploration zones you dont have the usual map features, all you have is anomalies. Some are unexplored systems and some are scans.

Sirius is a normal zone. Delta Volanis is an exploration zone and thats where you get the scans. You might run into a few systems one after another, its random but its those places you need to go to.

Here : This page has all the locations for each sample type :

http://www.stoacademy.com/guides/crafting.php