Lt. Commander
Hello Community,

I'm experienceing the following Problem since S4 debued.

During some ground missions the game at one point freezes, meaning that the sound begins to loop and the screen is frozen solid. I cannot return to Windows nor do anything ingame, which means I have to restart the computer.

At first I though it might be an issue with my RAM, processor or graphicscard. I built in a new graphicscard and even switched my RAM but the problem continued to appear.

After a few more days of trying different configs, settings and so forth I came to the conclusion that this problem randomly occurs on ground mission and only while I play STO. I havent had this problem on any other game (MMO or other game) or application.

My Question is, if anyone is experiencinf the same issue? Thanks a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 2 looping
08-20-2011, 05:07 AM
That might be a problem with your CPU receiving game data from your Video cards . Basically you got a bottle neck from your GPU to your CPU . When the STO first came out i could not play the game for 30 days as i was trying to find out why the game took 1 hour to load then crash . i updated everything drivers reinstalled , scan disk , defragment . Then i overclocked my CPU 5% and everything was fine and worked great this will also overclock your ram at the same time . Well the best thing to do now is drop your screen graphics to 800x900 in options before you sign on to your toon and slowly increase to higher levels until it crashes again .Then you will know for sure if it's a GPU TO CPU problem.

1 well First check if your cpu heat sink is clean and not full of dust that will casue this looping it might be getting to hot.

2 update drivers .

with love The Borg P.S. you will be assimilated.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Well I've already cleaned my PC from all dust and my drivers are always up to date.

As I said, I don't beleive the problem is on my side since I only have these freezes on some ground missions in STO. This Freeze does not occur on any other programm/game I've run on my PC. I tried it again today, on the lowest settings possible (Before S4 I could run the game on max. easily) and it still crashed/froze twice, once during the Mission "Colloseum" and once on "Premptive strike".

SO once again my question, if anyone else has been having these problems or if this is already a known issue.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4 Game freezes
08-24-2011, 02:36 PM
well i'm back with poor advice are you sure your video card has the right PSU .Most need to be supplied by the PSU 450 watt or more is today's standard .
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Are you using on demand patching? I had the same problem your describing. Except I was having the problem in space. I disabled on demand patching and then ran force verify and it has only happened once since. That happened last Saturday during the Q weekend and my internet connection was horrible that day.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks you for the helpful replies guys. I've tried disabling the on demand pathcing and it has been running smoothly since then.

On a side note: The Cryptic support isn't really very helpful in these things is it? I've sent an estimated 12 tickets during the last two weeks, none of which of been answered.