Lt. Commander
UPDATE: This problem is solved. It was teamviwer v.6 that cause the problem. I uninstalled it and the launcher worked fine (you may just have to shut it down though, didn't try it). Huge thank you too Hansbrix for figuring it out.

I recently decided to give STO a chance since playing it before launch but not getting hooked on it. So i bought the game and installed it. Everything went fine but ones I enter my loginname and password and press "submit" ,it chrasches. I never see the actual game trying to launch at all so I think it's the launcher and not the game crashing.

All that happens is that the launcher closes and a "CrypticError: Oops!" error reporting page shows up.

Anyone had this problem? I've tried reinstalling the game, I have the lastest drivers for chipset, video (Catalyst 11.8), directX etc. And I have a pagefile larger than 500 MB set.

Anyone experiencing this

Rig: Foxconn Blood Rage GTI| Core i7 920 D0 @ 4GHz| Corsair H50| 3x2 GB Corsair Dominator GT 1600 MHz 7-7-7-20| 2*Powercolor Radeon HD6970 2048MB @ Crossfire| 3*NEC MultiSync EA231WMi 23" Monitorer @ Eyefinity| 2*Intel 80GB X25-M G2 @ RAID0| Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000W| Cooler Master ATCS 840|

Windows 7 64 bit no overclock at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-20-2011, 11:06 AM
while I don't experience this exactly right after I put in my log in info on the launcher and hit enter there is a 2-5 second long bout of "program not responding" before it kicks into the patching screen and continues on normally. It may be related. Though the only similarity i see from my system to yours is we're both using windows 7 64 bit.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
while I don't experience this exactly right after I put in my log in info on the launcher and hit enter there is a 2-5 second long bout of "program not responding" before it kicks into the patching screen and continues on normally. It may be related. Though the only similarity i see from my system to yours is we're both using windows 7 64 bit.
Yeah the not responding bit happened to me ones, but I never saw the patcher. Im trying to download the client from another site. That client is 7 GB and maybe has the lastest patches or something.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Well now I have tried with the 7 GB client I downloaded (the one from startrekonline.com is only 3,5 GB) and I still have the same problem. Tried installing it on my HTPC wich is a completely different system than my gameing PC. It's an AMD system with 4 GB ram, integrated radeon GPU.

running out of ideas I figured it had to be an issue with my actual account so I created a new one that had no subscription plan or anything (thinking it would say that the account is not active or something) but yet again the same exact problem! so if it is not the computer, or the account WTF could it be??!?!?!

The only thing linking the to systems is that they both are using Radeon GPU's and Win7 64 bit. And that they are on the same network,
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-21-2011, 08:20 AM
I am having the exact same problem. My launcher doesn't remember my username anymore. I type in both my account information and password, hit enter and the launcher immediately crashes. I've gone into to the game directory and launched the STO game executable directly, the game login screen comes up with my remembered username, I type in my password and I get a time out to the account server. I have the game installed on 2 different PCs, one with ATI cards, the other is a laptop with a Mobile NVidia chipset. Both have Win Vista 64-bit. I've never had a problem with the game on either PC before. I've also tried logging in from 3 different networks, with the same result.

Any help at all would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Found my problem. V6 of Teamviewer was interfering. Once I shut it down, the launcher worked fine.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansbrix
Found my problem. V6 of Teamviewer was interfering. Once I shut it down, the launcher worked fine.
Snap! I have that application installed! Thanks a bunch!
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-21-2011, 06:46 PM
you don't have to uninstall, just right-click the icon on the start bar and select exit teamviewer...works like a charm.

BTW, V4 and V5 of teamviewer worked fine with STO. V6 is the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Hello All... I am have a similar problem. After login the CRYPTIC screen sits for a min or so then I get an error message to the effect of " unable to initialize the on-demand patching....connection was idle for too long " Now I do not have this " Teamviewer" program you guys have mentioned and I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no success. I sent in a ticket and still have not even received an automated reply... Any ideas please

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerguy23 View Post
Hello All... I am have a similar problem. After login the CRYPTIC screen sits for a min or so then I get an error message to the effect of " unable to initialize the on-demand patching....connection was idle for too long " Now I do not have this " Teamviewer" program you guys have mentioned and I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no success. I sent in a ticket and still have not even received an automated reply... Any ideas please

Thank you
it sounds like you may have a weak connection so on demand patching is taking to long of server time to download.
go to launcher option and check disable on demand patching this will cause the launcher to download the complete patch before you enter the game.