> > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <
Jolan tru Captain!
Welcome to Legacy of Romulus!
If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Slow patching in the launcher
A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally
Now that is truly scary. I know my pet peeve....the way some people treat others that don't speak their language in mmo's. My primary language is Spanish and in another mmo I use to play, I was speaking to a fellow player in Spanish only to be called a "jaja" by some random idiot.
my primary is Dutch.
Originally Posted by Reina
The lack of poor grammer sometimes can make me wonder if schools even teach anymore, or if the whole texting form of speaking has become the new form of speaking.
It doesn't hurt to use percise and clear wording.
well some people who's first language isn't English do try.
My pet peeve:
- The language thing
- rondom invites.
- some times the rudeness of some people.
- the zone chat at SOL
- people asking things before they even look or trying to figuring out by themselfs.
I agree with most of what has been said I'll just add to that,
large chested characters made by 13 year old boys
I'll second, third, fourth, whatever number on unoriginal characters. Unless it's tongue-in-cheek funny-like (WoW gnome in STO) then I'll give props to it, but If I had penny for every Hulk I've seen in CO.
The only thing I can't stand worse than that is when I get one of the following tells
1) "hey do you RP?"
When I say yes "great. Lets go cyber."
2) "nice rack. Want to cyber?"
3) "I'll give you <enter amount> of <game currency> to cyber with me"
I'm like what the h#$%. Do you think I am in this game to full fill so sexual fantasy. My wood elf, andorian, or what ever is not here to be your sex kitten.
What amazes me is that people think that people on the internet are girls. Just tell them you're a guy playing a girl -- they'll leave you alone and feel slightly ill. Geez though, even hort doesn't proposition people like that, sheesh.
Anyone tries to flirt with me will be told quite bluntly that I'm not interested. I play STO to have some fun and because I love Star Trek, I have no desire to form any romantic relationships and go on dates.
Those looking for a girlfriend, please, do so in real life away from the keyboard adn leave the video games to the gaming angle.
someone tried to flirt with me the other day as i was playing my female character (believe me, i am not the girl you are looking for). he was role playing (and gave me no warning either, just jumped right into the roleplay) and clearly did not have a good grasp of english either.
i tried to get out of the conversation as politely as possible, and then he turned round and accused me of trying to flirt with him.
1. Stupid, vulgar, ship names ("USS I don't give a crap" ect)
2. Rude players, Trash talk outside of PVP. I'm not to fond of trash talk in PVP in general, matter of fact, it's one of the reasons I don't do it much. But if you are doing a joint deep space encounter with the Borg and a Klingon player starts making comments in chat like "Let's see, who here have I killed?", then starts to name characters....
3. Sexual references particularly using anal **** to describe getting ganged up on in PVP. It still happens, frequently...
4. Immersion breaking characters, who either run around in tramp outfits or as cartoon characters.
5. Swearing, harassment or fighting on the chat channel. (making negative comments about people's sexual preference, ethnicity, nation of origin, or negative remarks against people perceived as being new "noobs" ect
6. Content droughts. This is my first MMO, I hear other games have em too. I still don't like em.
7. Emergency maintenance, I know they are necessary, but I don't have to like em.
8. PVE bad guy one shot kills.
9. Not being able to explore. I want a huge complicated map on EVERY planet in the game, like the one on Risa. I want cities and villages and towns to explore on every inhabited planet I visit.
In a nutshell, overall disregard to other players enjoyment of the game.
Hm, I'll agree with the ninja fleet invites. On my science captain I got 5 invites to a fleet on ESD by the same guy, and he never said a word.
Though, on the RP front, I hate how in quarks (haven't been to the Academy to see the majority of rp there), EVERYBODY is an admiral. And then in character, they talk about stuff (on duty related) that Admirals wouldn't be worrying about. Stuff like massive relationship problems, captaining a ship, etc... Not to mention how the main rp fleet there doesn't seem to like acknowledging random people interested in RP.
Oh, and player bio's making reference/outright stating them to being directly related to canon major characters even though said characters never had children (Jazdia Dax being a main one). I'll admit the one orion's bio which was an awesome parody of TNG was good (Picard being a slaver, ten-forward being an adult club, etc). However, most times I see a reference to a major character it turns out retarded.
I dislike the random fleet/guild invites, although I will pm someone who randomly invited me. If they don't respond too bad. If they do and impress me I may give them a chance.
As for people randomly propositioning female characters, I have a CO character designed to discourage that. Sure she looks pretty enough until you try to flirt with me....then she turns in to a giant cthulhuoid monster and threatens to devour your soul....the reactions are sometimes pretty funny.
People who claim that if you are not playing the game a certain way then you are playing it wrong. For example, a recent post where someone stated that if you are playing STO to RP then you are doing it wrong.
Why do they feel the need to impose their play style on others. If I have fun with the way I play then that's all that counts.