Lt. Commander
# 21
08-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkbot View Post
People who claim that if you are not playing the game a certain way then you are playing it wrong. For example, a recent post where someone stated that if you are playing STO to RP then you are doing it wrong.

Why do they feel the need to impose their play style on others. If I have fun with the way I play then that's all that counts.
Ha, I've gotten comments like that.

To add to my list, people trying to force min-max builds/this is the only way to play a class stuff. Hate those with a passion.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
What amazes me is that people think that people on the internet are girls. Just tell them you're a guy playing a girl -- they'll leave you alone and feel slightly ill. Geez though, even hort doesn't proposition people like that, sheesh.

Although I have been known to flirt with npc girls, they never turn out to be guys! :p
And this is why I love the bird. 8)
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-21-2011, 06:26 PM
I hate the holier than thou threads and the threads that try to speak for the community.

Also I hate it when people put words in your mouth.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-21-2011, 06:55 PM
I hate how MMOs must launch without 10 years worth of polished interesting content and features. That they must strive to fight for customers and keep them.

So many MMOs have had great stories to tell and potential at their finger tips - and the main reason they did not fully deliver (if at all) has really been down to the amount of time it takes to develop them versus the money that goes into them.

You could spend 14 years making a game, like Duke Nukem, and its crap. With MMOs thats just too risky a prospect, and you can often get better feedback etc on stuff you need to do when they are out there in the public's domain...

I just hate the wasted potential when all that was needed was more time.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i forgot to add the concept or roles. not a problem in itself but if you go into some dungeon or raid or whatever and you have a specific task to to do like healing or tanking. if you do it badly then people scream at you. if someone else is tanking and you are drawing the agro by accident people scream at you, die and people scream at you.
The worst thing about this is, whoever has the easiest time getting another group always gets coddled... and is usually the one at fault. In WoW it was tanks, who can leave and requeue for an instant group any time.

Tank doesn't know his taunt rotation? DPS's fault for pulling threat.
Tank taking unmitigated crits? Healer's fault for not keeping up.
Tank runs off and dies while healer drinks? Healer's fault for having low regen.
Tank actually AFK? Hunter or rogue's fault for not misdirecting and making him tank anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Down time for maintenance during prime time in Australia. Its not nice to have them go down at 8pm. Recent STO times for down time have been much better - yah :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Agreed with most here. One thing that REALLY gets on my nerves here is people saying they're "flying" X ship. You don't "fly" stuff in space. You never hear Kirk or Picard say they're flying the Enterprise, they're captaining it. Also hate how this game appears confused as to what era it takes place in. I'm surprised they haven't strapped a warp core and nacelles to CVN-65 Enterprise and given that to us yet....
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-22-2011, 02:43 PM
I'll hop on board with disliking perfect builds, and being called stupid if I deviate from them in any way shape or form. So what if I want to roll defense on something designed for evasion? If I have fun with it even in pvp well it's all good.

Also the demand in pvp that everyone be perfect. I know I've gotten yelled at plenty of times in TF2 for playing a sniper because I don't have perfect aim, although the reply is usually easy.

"Ertwin you suck as a sniper play a different class"
"I'm not going to get better as a sniper playing a different class....everone starts a newb"
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel-Hyena
Similarly, I hate random fleet/guild invites. You start a new character, and the next thing you know a bunch of people you've never spoken to before in your life are spamming invites to their fleet. Yeah, I'm going to join your fleet cause you didn't even have the courtesy to speak to me before asking to join. Brilliant.
I hate this too. On my last new toon, I accepted one of the random invites, thinking that I'd at least shut off the invite spam whether the fleet in question was full of fun players or outright tools. As it turned out, the random invite I accepted was from a German-speaking fleet, and I've only needed to use my two years of college German exactly three times in the last 20 years. Good times.

I don't mind the goofy names and toons so much; my main has a goofy name (Tuna Meowt) and my wife's toon has a borderline offensive name that she chose herself. I figure that we're all here for fun, and if some people need to name themselves Jamesina T. Kirk or Benjamin Crusher to have fun, shrug.

Spawn campers get me pretty torqued. I did several ground PvP matches yesterday, and one team (that my team beat pretty decisively) just WOULD NOT STOP trying to camp one of our spawn locations. OTOH, the best match of the bunch IMO was the one we lost 29-30 (!) because everyone played smart and aggressive. I even got into some very fun hand-to-hand combat with another Caitian TAC. I forget who took whom down in that HTH fest, but I do remember it was FUN.

Okay. What else do I hate?

People who won't stop begging for material items, e.g. "I REALLY need a couple of purple Quantums can you PLEASE make them for me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE."

Goons in social spaces who try to act out with your toon, whether it's mock battle or simulated ******** (I am not making this up). Look, pal, I'm trying to send some e-mail. Go blow someone else.

Elitism in any area. Everyone was a n00b once; everyone had to start somewhere. No need to be a jerk about it.

Overbearing, opinionated folks on message boards. Look, it doesn't really matter whether you think the C-Store is the greatest thing known to man or manifestly the invention of the devil -- you don't have to flame others over a simple difference of opinion. Get over yourselves -- it's a GAME.

Rant over.

/soapbox
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-23-2011, 04:49 AM
three things annoy me and they are all chat related.

1. epeen bragging. for a vet like me that actually had 3 years out running a pro WoW guild, it just makes me want to insult them like the noobs they are.

2. People that put colon and p at the end of every statement. Its just a brazen insulting one upmanship thing used by insecure types that want to be the best but are always hanging on someone elses coattails.

3. People in game chat, especially on ESD that cannot tolerate another opinion and use the "I am pro
game developer so I know it all and you dont" line.

thats all